Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:15 AM

Re: My favourite plant. What's yours?

Super plants folks!!
I love the smell of pinks Mups! That's the only thing wrong with my little rose, no scent. That big bunch on the first photos is on one stem, so I'll forgive its lack of perfume
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 11:59 AM

My favourite flower is whatever is flowering at the time. The Salvia is good but equally favourite at the moment is this evergreen jasmine. It's taken about 18 years to grow this big..

Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 12:12 PM

Some very interesting plants on the list so far.
Mine is plumeria alba (westindian Frangipani)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ba_flowers.jpg

Its fragrance mesmerized me twenty years ago. I started growing them and for the third time in all that time they are blooming in my garden in Germany.

Have a nice weekend everybody
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Some very interesting plants on the list so far.
Mine is plumeria alba (westindian Frangipani)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ba_flowers.jpg

Its fragrance mesmerized me twenty years ago. I started growing them and for the third time in all that time they are blooming in my garden in Germany.

Have a nice weekend everybody

Pretty little flower Frank, (I aint writing all those numbers ), but be careful when cutting it as I have read the sap is poisonous and a skin irritant.
Might be safer to wear gloves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
My favourite flower is whatever is flowering at the time. The Salvia is good but equally favourite at the moment is this evergreen jasmine. It's taken about 18 years to grow this big..

That's a very pretty display Mart.
I bet that smells wonderful.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 08:58 PM

I think mine is the snowdrop, its the signal the long dreary nights will soon be a thing of the past, for awhile at least.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-07-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
I think mine is the snowdrop, its the signal the long dreary nights will soon be a thing of the past, for awhile at least.

Yes that's true Caricature. Those little flowers are always a very welcome sight aren't they.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's a very pretty display Mart.
I bet that smells wonderful.
It does and there is room to let that one grow and grow where it is.

There is another non-evergreen Jasmine that grows along the fence at the side of the house. It looks and smells good but the passageway is quite narrow. I try to leave it as long as possible before cutting it back but it has to be done in the end.
Button
NW England
Button is female  Button has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2020, 03:53 PM

So many favourites that it's impossible to pick one. Yes, I like snowdrops but also sweet peas, wisteria, old fashioned roses and clematis. How do I choose?
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

19-07-2020, 04:08 PM

I like roses, monkey puzzle and eucalyptus trees.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top