Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 04:29 PM

Mitsubishi leaving UK and EU.

Hi

A huge shake up in the Alliance, which includes Nissan and Renault.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...-models-europe

Inevitable with the big fall in car sales worldwide
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:26 PM

Re: Mitsubishi leaving UK and EU.

It is a shame. But sadly understandable. The larger Mitsubishi MPV vehicles were generally of good quality but there are so many in the same marketplace. Mitsubishi had a problem with the ride and quality of their small car range.
The previous Colt range was quite a good reliable car but the replacement model Mirage did not quite hit the mark.
All car manufacturers are having serious cost issues with their small car ranges. E.g Ford dropping the Ford Ka+ and Seat and Skoda small cars being replaced with electric only versions in the next year.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:31 AM

Re: Mitsubishi leaving UK and EU.

In the past I have had a couple of Mitsubishis, a Starwagon and a Colt. Both cars were very reliable, never broke down or needed repair, the Starwagon took my family and I on many holidays when the kids were young, I kept it for nearly two decades.

The Colt was a brilliant small car, the tiny 1.5 Litre engine more than adequate for the job because the car only weighed three quarters of a tonne. The CVT gearbox was terrific once I got used to accelerating and watching the engine speed drop as the gearbox picked up the speed. If you weren't careful with the accelerator it took off like a scalded cat.

I had to sell it because it wasn't going to survive the roads I took it on but I would buy another without hesitation.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	08-02-22 Starwagon and Colt 068.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	13383   Click image for larger version

Name:	120526 044 Biloela Callide Mine, Lake & Power Station.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	13384  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top