Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 08:48 PM

Re: Princess Anne

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I bet her knees are not a patch on yours, Foxy!
I bet they are Tabby, they've been clamped around a horse for the best part of her life.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Have to agree.

Three of the greatest influences in music were born Karen Carpenter, Agnetha (ABBA) and Stevie Wonder.
Awwww Agnetha....I've gone weak at the knee.....swoon!...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:57 PM

Some amusing anecdotes, one from her son Peter, when making an appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, they were reminded not to pick their nose or yawn. Risked getting a clip round the ear if misbehaving.

What you see is what you get, royal but ordinarily normal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:06 PM

I quite like Anne too.
She seems a pretty down to earth Royal.
She gets on with what she has to do without forever seeking publicity, in fact she has always seemed to avoid it.
Actually, I can't remember when I last saw her and her hubby in the news for anything - other than on tonight's programme of course.

I also liked the way she didn't want her children to have posh titles, and even the children manage to keep mostly out of the limelight too, unlike Harry, Meghan, and Prince Andrew!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:19 AM

Enjoyed the first hour, left it to record, so could walk the dog.

She talks rather fast, I think. I was glad of the subtitles.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:32 AM

The age gap between Charles and Anne, to Andrew and Edward is very obvious. Charles and Anne have their parents worth ethic.

Going away to school rather than private tutor was Anne's suggestion and she loved it. A group once escaped from her police officer to go to the local chippy!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:53 AM

Princess Anne is the least despicable of the royals .
I do admire her for her sporting achievements and the way she has brought up her children .
Hard working well I suppose ( relatively speaking ) so but what a job flying around in a helicopter all day beats having a regular nine to five boring job.
Feeling useless ( while camping out on her magnificent estate bought her by Mummy ) most people would not consider looking after animals and horses work but pleasure . Princess Anne probaby does not have any idea what a mortgage is and nor do her children . They may work but they have very nice houses on her estate. She has an idyllic lifestyle and is paid a massive income by the taxpayer so let’s not pretend she that altruistic .
Yes she ok she’s got more gumption than her brothers ( which isn’t really saying much ) but let’s not go overboard .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-07-2020, 11:01 AM

Orf with their heads aye Muddy.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 11:32 AM

I am not a royalist OGF .
They can’t help having the luck to be being born into a privileged position that ok and I have nothing against Princess Anne but sycophantic celebration of how hard working they are somewhat sticks in the crow .
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

30-07-2020, 11:58 AM

The Royals work a lot harder than most, especially HM.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top