Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:01 PM

Cuttings

I love my bright pink Salvia so I took a cutting three or four weeks ago. It's rooted well and flowering already!
Do you take cuttings?

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:11 PM

Re: Cuttings

Wow, that's doing really well Tessa.

I have in the past but I am never really successful with things like that, apart from a certain pond plant which I did manage to grow from a cutting, only to find that the thing seeded everywhere anyway.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:19 PM

I do take a lot of cuttings, dahlias from tubers, but my most noteworthy cutting was three bay leaf cuttings taken over 12 years ago, one survived and is now a standard about 10 feet tall. I will bung a photo up tomorrow
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 12:37 AM

I think nearly all the plants in my garden are from cuttings I have taken on my daily walks. Even one of my grevilleas is from a cutting I took at the steel works when I worked there (they are almost impossible to grow from cuttings).

I am very fond of succulents because they always take.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:05 AM

Any tips?
I'm ok with roses and hard stemmed plants but rubbish with anything else.

Houseplants don't like me, I've tried cutting from those that have lived, they don't take

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top