Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 11:43 AM

Desk Lamp please?

Can anyone recommend a desk lamp please?
Something like an Anglepoise but not as expensive

A magnifying desk lamp would be interesting, but not essential

I'd rather have a decent plain lamp than a magnifying lamp that's too cheap & nasty
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 04:42 PM

Re: Desk Lamp please?

There are hundreds available. Depends whether you want an old type or a modern version. Google Amazon.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 04:56 PM

Try your local auction house Zulu. I've seen many a desk lamp go "under the hammer" at auction.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 05:03 PM

I recently bought this one for craft work and writing - and am very pleased with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089RC8M...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 05:17 PM

I have one of these adjustable angled desk lights and I find it to be just right for letter writing. It can be purchased with or without a 4 watt LED lamp.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modern-Ad....c100008.m2219
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 09:55 PM

Thanks for your comments
Now the darker days are here I want it for my hobbies - model planes, wood carving, and leatherwork
I think I should have mentioned that in my OP, sorry about that

I hadn't thought of auctions
there is an auction and sale room only a couple of streets away from me, I'll have a look at them

Near me there are a couple of discount stores which I know have decent electrical depts; and a couple of lighting stores
Also Machine Mart have desk lamps which include some with magnifiers
They have had good reviews and look as though they would be a bit more substantial than a small, lightweight desk lamp

I'll have a browse round over the next couple of days
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:03 PM

Just make sure with second hand lamps they are wired to the latest regulations
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2020, 10:30 PM

Stick a thousand lumen LED bulb in it when you find a lamp Zuludog, I put one in my bench lamp and it's far better than the strip light I had been using, and it doesn't get nearly as hot as an incandescent or halogen bulb, and for a fraction of the energy....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top