Join for free
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 12:40 PM

Antibody news !!

It has been found that antibody levels after being infected with
the covid virus fall quite quickly again ??
Does this mean that a vaccine is unlikely to be effective?
Does it mean we are stuck with this desease the same as we
are stuck with the flu ??
The possibilities are infinite?
Oh gawd, does it mean we have to put up with all debate in the
media for ever and ever ???

Donkeyman! 👎😟😟👎
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 01:30 PM

Re: Antibody news !!

I heard this too, Donkeyman.
They see this does make it possible for us to catch the multiple times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54696873
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 02:43 PM

It does sound that way Donks, I suppose eventually it will just be one of those things that some people die from but others survive. Someone at work has had a nasty virus this week (not THE virus) another has a bad cold, which just goes to prove that wearing a mask does nothing. Gawd knows how long before the media get fed up with it although I don't think a newspaper called 'Antibody News' is a good idea.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It does sound that way Donks, I suppose eventually it will just be one of those things that some people die from but others survive. Someone at work has had a nasty virus this week (not THE virus) another has a bad cold, which just goes to prove that wearing a mask does nothing. Gawd knows how long before the media get fed up with it although I don't think a newspaper called 'Antibody News' is a good idea.
Yes your right, weve got enough newspapers to be going on with?
Perhaps l'd better shut me trap before some bastid gets ideas
Eh LD??

Doneyman! 😷😷
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2020, 10:04 PM

it is certainly not very good news if there is no or little acquired immunity after infection.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 12:00 AM

It seems we're going to have to learn to live with it ... but .... if they do come up with a vaccine that significantly reduces the severity of the symptoms I think a great many people shan't feel so scared. Not ideal but possibly a bit of reassurance might be had.

Fear has been one of the worst things about this Covid. The media have revelled in it.

Have they said at all whether those who get reinfected suffer a milder dose on the second time around?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 06:51 AM

Hi

It is a coronavirus, they mutate, that is the nature of the beast.

It is quite likely that, like the flu vaccine, we will need a different one every year.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a coronavirus, they mutate, that is the nature of the beast.

It is quite likely that, like the flu vaccine, we will need a different one every year.

I have said the same thing about 50 times in other threads!
I have said vaccination has never stopped the Flu returning each winter, so why should it stop corvid?

Also, now it seems that catching it doesn't give you sufficient lasting antibodies, how can a vaccine?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top