Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:20 PM

Re: Anybody seen Barmier ???

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Hm, I am not so sure about that flourishing. Besides that is not what I have in mind because I personally would prefer to modify the EU instead of leaving it.

However removing or exchanging overpaid bureaucrats might be unfeasible. Maybe if Germany, France and Italy threatend the EU to leave and so enforced some reforms... probably also unlikely.
Sorry for butting in 7779311, but something you just said does'nt
make sense! You suggest if germany, france and ltaly threatened
to leave the eu it might force some reforms?
Forgive me for asking, but arent they the founding members of
the eu?? In fact it could be said that they ARE the eu!
How could they leave?
It was their idea,invented for their benefit !!
Are you suggesting that the original eu has been subverted in anyway
by all the new member countries ??
And maybe you three origininators of eu concept should divest
themselves of the 24 other members and become independant???
If so does'nt that sound familiar??

Donkeyman! 😁😁
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 02:40 PM

I see that 'our friends', the Frogs, are still doing their best to steal all our fish, this time around the Channel Islands:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...ench-fishermen

Clearly, they are grabbing all they can - to the extent of killing off all local fish stocks for the future - before they are not allowed to fish in our waters, or so we hope. That, of course, depends upon how weak Boris turns out to be; another May?

The Channel Island fishermen are desperate to have given up and put up their boats for sale.

I know I've said this until I'm blue in the face, but - never trust the Frogs.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I see that 'our friends', the Frogs, are still doing their best to steal all our fish, this time around the Channel Islands:

Clearly, they are grabbing all they can - to the extent of killing off all local fish stocks for the future - before they are not allowed to fish in our waters, or so we hope. That, of course, depends upon how weak Boris turns out to be; another May?

The Channel Island fishermen are desperate to have given up and put up their boats for sale.

Nice to see conservation at the heart of the CFP.

Have no fear the UK response us appropriate. I told you this would happen ... here comes more of the same soon.

https://thefishingdaily.com/latest-n...nk-to-fishing/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Nice to see conservation at the heart of the CFP.

Have no fear the UK response us appropriate. I told you this would happen ... here comes more of the same soon.

https://thefishingdaily.com/latest-n...nk-to-fishing/
Well, a beginning, I suppose.

Time is still dragging to the end of December. If Boris doesn't walk away and protect our sea areas then, I'm sure he'll soon be out of a job, deservedly.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

This is really the fault of the Jersey Government telling Boris and co to bog off and leave "their fish out of it" when it comes to the "talks". So that's what we've done, the chickens have come home to roost, and the fishermen are paying for it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

01-11-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
This is really the fault of the Jersey Government telling Boris and co to bog off and leave "their fish out of it" when it comes to the "talks". So that's what we've done, the chickens have come home to roost, and the fishermen are paying for it.
Yes, I agree.

The Channel Island authorities seem to have shot themselves in the foot - just like our Westminster government has done countless times in the past.

The Frogs have simply done what they do - been opportunists, without honour.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top