Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:27 PM

Re: What silly/stupid 'challenges' did you do as a teenager?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A drunken night resulted in me attempting to pour lighter fuel over my glasses and set light to them. Luckily my mate (who was less drunk) stopped me so I kept my hair.
Scary.

Although not strictly thread related, but on the theme of burning oneself, have you ever done that thing of trying to put out the flame from a glass of Sambuka (with a coffee bean in it)? Alas, I once let the flame burn a bit too long and then used my hand over the the glass to put it out. Had a lovely circular burn traversing my palm and fingers for a couple of months!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Scary.

Although not strictly thread related, but on the theme of burning oneself, have you ever done that thing of trying to put out the flame from a glass of Sambuka (with a coffee bean in it)? Alas, I once let the flame burn a bit too long and then used my hand over the the glass to put it out. Had a lovely circular burn traversing my palm and fingers for a couple of months!!

I haven't done that but someone I worked with was trying to be all cool, chatting up a couple of ladies but forgot to put the flame out before taking a sip.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
1 - A version of the game called 'Chicken' but with knives (always used pen knives). Two people would stand a certain distance away from each other. Each person would stand with their legs apart and then each person took it in turn to throw their knife to see if they could get it to land between the persons legs. The closest was the winner (i never got hurt but I know some that did, knife in the leg or in their foot)
Used to play a similar sort of game involving throwing a knife to the side of a person. If it stuck in the grass then one had to spread one's legs up to the place it stuck. You then took turns. If it was getting uncomfortable, then you could use your "go" to throw the knife straight down between your own legs..if it stuck, then you could revert to the starting vertical position. Naturally the loser was the one who fell over first.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-07-2020, 09:36 PM

I haven't done that but someone I worked with was trying to be all cool, chatting up a couple of ladies but forgot to put the flame out before taking a sip.
Ouch, ouch and double ouch
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Ouch, ouch and double ouch
They thought it was funny too and no, he wasn't successful.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-07-2020, 09:51 PM

They thought it was funny too and no, he wasn't successful.
Suspect his newfound face akin to batman's joker might have been a bit of a turnoff
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:55 PM

My Challenge was to try to get educated, against the odds, wrong place, wrong time.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

29-07-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
My Challenge was to try to get educated, against the odds, wrong place, wrong time.
Bear with me, am trying to dig out my old Mantovani record
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:03 PM

You are just fiddling with the data.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:12 PM

Twit.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top