Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 12:58 AM

Re: Post Pandemic Holidays

I am waiting for the warmer weather (next month or month after?) then I will hitch up my camper and set off. Queeensland and Victoria have closed borders so I can only go west toward the Central West and ultimately Broken Hill.

Not sure about the situation of getting into SA or heading north to the NT.

This could all change with a local outbreak or a second wave in NSW but that is my not very well thought out plan at the moment.

I shall stock up on Glen20 and hand sanitizer
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 03:52 PM

Not booking anything at the moment as the situation changes on a daily basis.

Our next trip abroad will be a permanent one.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:06 PM

Bruce, I am surprised by the actual border closings. We have stop points in different states here, but the closures would be impossible to enforce and I am sure the citizenry would go into meltdown.

I have been looking at another big adventure. I looked at a Greece intensive cruise but balked for several reasons including SEVEN huge cruise ships being in Mykonos at the same time. I've thought about a recreational vehicle and traveling North America, but do I really want to drive one of those things? What about New Zealand? Or Iceland? Or South America? Fly? Drive? Camper van? As much as I would love to, I couldn't possibly do them all.

All I know is that I am being bitten by the travel bug and it is starting to itch badly.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Bruce, I am surprised by the actual border closings. We have stop points in different states here, but the closures would be impossible to enforce and I am sure the citizenry would go into meltdown.

I have been looking at another big adventure. I looked at a Greece intensive cruise but balked for several reasons including SEVEN huge cruise ships being in Mykonos at the same time. I've thought about a recreational vehicle and traveling North America, but do I really want to drive one of those things? What about New Zealand? Or Iceland? Or South America? Fly? Drive? Camper van? As much as I would love to, I couldn't possibly do them all.

All I know is that I am being bitten by the travel bug and it is starting to itch badly.

Hi

Practical issues Surfer.

You can book, but things are changing all the time.

You are from the USA, so you may be banned from visiting certain Countries and that list of Countries changes daily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travel...ID-19_pandemic

On arrival you may have to self isolate for 14 days and if your trip is multi country, you may have to self isolate in each country.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:22 PM

Yes, we are certainly the pariahs of the western world with our soaring Covid rates.

Greece, for example, is requiring a negative Covid test administered within 72 hours of arrival in the country. Even if international travel was open, the logistics of that is impossible for US travelers.

I wouldn't want to hurt a fly, so I am compliant in all things virus-related and willing to be patient.

Just biding my time with a little dreaming, research, and planning.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:35 PM

We have had three holidays cancelled this year and have given up planning any holiday for the rest of this year and probably the first half of next year. I'm not really bothered - we live in a very pleasant part of the country and can always go out for days locally which will be fine.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:48 PM

We had to go up to Nottinghamshire yesterday so I wanted to see the Peak District - I have never been .

What a mistake ! There were hundreds of people up there the Peaks were crawling with them ....

We turned about and came home .

Just read the news says that Notts may be shut down as there is a CV spike there .

Great
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We had to go up to Nottinghamshire yesterday so I wanted to see the Peak District - I have never been .

What a mistake ! There were hundreds of people up there the Peaks were crawling with them ....

Just read the news says that Notts may be shut down as there is a CV spike there .

Great
Hi

Come to Shropshire, much better and no great crowds.

The Stiperstones are fantastic.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 07:05 PM

We have been cancelled for the USA In May ,now looks as though we are being cancelled for Cape Verde in September .
So are looking at cottages in Norfolk in the Autumn ,the best they can offer is October,just so fed up TBH
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Great
I went to Newton Abbot with Daughter a week or so ago, it wasn't too bad. No way would I go to Weymouth at present, (I love Weymouth) or any other seaside places near here, not even our local beach. It must be chaotic.

Not surprising cities are getting spikes.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top