Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 05:30 PM

Re: Only Connect

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Last week's walls were really tough. Didn't make any connections on either.
I solved one paltry line on the Lion wall! Did well on the missing vowels though - especially the food ones.

Did any of you watch Mastermind just before OC? It was seriously weird without an audience. Had quite a few right answers in the General Knowledge section.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Last week's walls were really tough. Didn't make any connections on either.
Yes they were Percy. There were too many connections.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I solved one paltry line on the Lion wall! Did well on the missing vowels though - especially the food ones.

Did any of you watch Mastermind just before OC? It was seriously weird without an audience. Had quite a few right answers in the General Knowledge section.
I get most of the missing vowel's,thats my limit.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 03:07 PM

I've never been keen on Mastermind. Don't know why, just haven't.

The missing vowels round is always good for a sizeable number of points won chez nous.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 03:50 PM

Looking forward to tonight's trio - will have a large bowl of crisps (food for thought) and a bottle of red wine (to sharpen the brain) readily to hand - and woe betide anyone who telephones me between 7.30 and 9.00pm !

Actually - I'll unplug the telephone.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-10-2020, 09:10 PM

Well - I enjoyed all three programmes.

MM Did really well on the General Knowledge section.

OC Solved only one line on each of the Walls and solved some of the missing vowels - other than those I was a dead loss!

UC Redeemed myself a little - managed to answer 10 of the questions.

How did others do?
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 01:38 PM

OC Solved only one line on each of the Walls and solved some of the missing vowels - other than those I was a dead loss!

How did others do?
I got the salmon one after the first one,thats my lot for last night.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:07 PM

In Rounds 1 and 2, I got the salmon one for 3 points and another for 2 points, V got a couple for 1 point each. The walls were easier than last week. We did OK on the missing vowels round.

For the past 2 weeks Mrs Vere beat me on UC but I had my revenge last night. In total we only scored 95 but I took the honours 60-35.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 04:50 PM

How did others do?
I enjoyed the joke about the fish.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2020, 08:38 PM

I get the distinct impression the questions on OC are gettugb a but easier than they used to be. Mrs Devo and I managed over half of them this week.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top