Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Re: Of complaints

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't get influenced easily, but I think of BLM now every time I see a black person....
It isn't so much being influenced, it's a case of in your face and ramming it down your throat, reminding us of what wrongs our ancestors did, like we don't already know, bringing the politics into entertainment programmes etc. We can't change history no matter how much they go on about it. Someone told me they have a friend in South Africa (white) and the racism against white people there is horrendous. It kinda feels like the white people of today are being made to pay for the sins of history.

I think Ashley Banjo was so wrong to do that dance routine, it was awful and so unnecessary when there had already been so many BLM marches etc, we heard about it already Ashley, give it a rest.

I never had a problem with black people and now I'm finding myself noticing that people are black and not just people like I always thought of them!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 09:58 PM

Anybody got a tape of it as I didn"t see it .x
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Anybody got a tape of it as I didn"t see it .x
you tube

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 09:58 AM

They should do a dance with white police officers shooting aggressive black blokes.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 10:17 AM

Thanks LQ, have to say I agree with the rest of you . Bit OTT .!!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Certainly over the top and to be honest I think its hate mongering against the police who in the main do a good job. It should never have been allowed.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 08:35 AM

I was telling someone about a fantastic gospel choir I'd seen , I didnt know the group name and I said "the beautiful black gospel singers " meaning it with compliments because they do it best

I was told I shouldn't say that as it is racist!

I didnt even mean it to be it was a description , would you say what I said is racist . I'm often unsure what to say now
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 03:52 PM

Susan, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. I automatically associate Gospel singers with being black because the vast majority of the singers in the choirs I've seen ARE black.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=susan m;1971583]I was telling someone about a fantastic gospel choir I'd seen , I didnt know the group name and I said "the beautiful black gospel singers " meaning it with compliments because they do it best

I was told I shouldn't say that as it is racist!
/QUOTE]

Maybe you should request that the ignorant cretin who said it might wish to look up the word racist. Oh, and to get a life. And direct their so-called indignation to world events that actually matter.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 08:47 AM

Percy and Eccles thanks for replies . I agree with what you both say .
It just shows how tetchy people can get for no reason whatsoever.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top