Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 03:23 PM

Re: Cruising off the Agenda?

Oh dear what a poor comparison to use.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Gone ashore for the allotted 6 hrs l suppose ??

Donkeyman! 👎😟😟👎

Or stuck in their room with the 'Trots'
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I can think of nothing worse than being encased in a ship with people I have never met or probably would not choose to meet. Yes, cut them up and use the steel for something better.
Yeah, that's exactly my idea of hell. At least, taking the older ships out of service and recycling them is a good idea - gets rid of all those inefficient old engines, etc and just think about all the asbestos that might still be lurking in them.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I think they are doing Bob, many airlines have now "retired" many, if not most of their four engined aircraft such as A380s and B747s for mothballing and for scrapping of the oldest. Many of the twin engined aircraft will no doubt meet the same fate, sad times in aviation...
BA's last 2 remaining B747's flew out of Thiefrow last week. 1 was destined for South Wales, the other for the Cotswolds. Both are to be dismantled.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 03:44 PM

Hi

I was on the harbourside in Madeira when a Cruise Ship came i.

Prices shot up, we were given a token so we did not get charged the same.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:02 PM

How absolutely boring being stuck in one place seeing the same surroundings day in day out. That would drive me nuts . At least with cruising you see something different and countries during the cruise.

Being stuck in a hotel room looking out of the widow at pouring rain is worse that what I suspect a prison cell is like
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
How absolutely boring being stuck in one place seeing the same surroundings day in day out. That would drive me nuts . At least with cruising you see something different and countries during the cruise.

Being stuck in a hotel room looking out of the widow at pouring rain is worse that what I suspect a prison cell is like
V and I might have stayed at the same hotel for a week but we never stayed in the same area during the day when we went on holiday. Touring around and exploring during the day (even using local buses to go from 1 place to another) was our thing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:19 PM

It sounds more boring on a cruise where every thing is laid on for you every single day. How can you get to know a country when you are only allocated a certain number of hours there.?

Our holidays are planned by us when we have arrived in that country. We arrange what we want to do and where we want to go ..... seeing something different every day, even visiting any nearby countries. We are never shut in our hotel, even on the rare rainy day, in fact we spend very little time in the hotel.

It depends how adventurous you are I suppose, some people prefer to have everything laid on for them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 04:32 PM

Ships?
I quite liked the Icebreakers..........
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 05:34 PM

Dont you remember the old song Realspeed !

I joined the navy, to see the world!
And what did l see?
I saw the sea !
I saw the atlantic and the pacific!
But the atlantic wasnt romantic
And the pacific wasnt terrific
Etc! Etc! Etc!

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 06:31 PM

Why would it be raining? I wouldn't be a hotel in Cleethorpes.

We have been on quite a few 'tours' and plenty of holidays in one place and I have found that the best way to really know a place is to stay put, take time out from all the rushing around and just sit, taking in the surroundings. Seeing too many places in a short space of time all just blends into one.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top