Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 03:31 PM

Re: Bozo verdict

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I really don’t see why you are so stressed out about the UK leaving ...when you say it doesn’t affect you
The EU sounds completely unmoved by boris' threats, they are willing to do a deal but not at any price i.e. they will not give you a deal that damages the Single Market and Customs Union (which from the EU's point of view is fair enough). The EU finished it's No Deal preparations in 2019 and has likely priced in a No Deal. They can take the hit far better than you can. It boils down to 27 nation states in a trading bloc vs 1 Nation State that's effectively a new trading nation.

Set a monument, before he leaves to go live in another country!
https://www.change.org/p/kent-county...r-nigel-farage
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Nope, as always, just giving the hard facts. So hard brexiters cannot swallow them.
I am 100% certain that you are working full time for the EU Solly!!
I can see no reason for somebody non resident in UK to take such
an interest in our affairs and the outcome??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:04 PM

I can see a framework UK-USA trade deal coming in the next couple of days / maybe a week.

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I can see a framework UK-USA trade deal coming in the next couple of days / maybe a week.

You can't see it coming because negotiations take place in secret, to avoid protests from farmers etc. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...l-campaigners/
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

Hi

Really?.

Neither Trump or Biden are in a position to agree to anything.

They are totally focused on the Election.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Someone’s not a happy bunny .. you forgot to have a pop at his hairstyle ...you are a BBC newsreader and I claim my £5
I know Vlad, I do feel disloyal everytime I criticise Boris. I guess its the frustration of waiting for him to take a positive step instead of leaving me in limbo every time a deadline comes and then goes. 5 years is a long time to wait and with the end in sight I worry that like those before him, he is going to let us down. I will cheerfully eat humble pie and apologise if Boris tells Barnier and Co they have blown their last chance.

It's just the waiting....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

16-10-2020, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I know Vlad, I do feel disloyal everytime I criticise Boris. I guess its the frustration of waiting for him to take a positive step instead of leaving me in limbo every time a deadline comes and then goes. 5 years is a long time to wait and with the end in sight I worry that like those before him, he is going to let us down. I will cheerfully eat humble pie and apologise if Boris tells Barnier and Co they have blown their last chance.

It's just the waiting....
But Brussels simply did not believe him. “What a load of nonsense”, said one EU official. “What was the point of that?”
The reason for the EU’s disbelief is that Johnson had given himself plenty of wriggle room.

In his statement, Johnson demanded that the EU’s chief negotiator come to London if he wanted to talk – 24 hours after Barnier had said in a press conference that he was coming to London for talks.
Downing Street was demanding a new intensity in the talks; Barnier had already offered to speed up the process in his post-summit comments.

Barnier has suggested there will be three more weeks of talks. UK sources suggest they see 12 November as being the actual deadlineifor a deal in order for leaders to sign it off when they meet a few days later. https://www.theguardian.com/politics...trade-analysis

Another deadline, another waiting period. Nothing new.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 06:23 PM

Hi

Boris is not Superman.

Brexit and Covid would overwhelm anyone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 06:24 PM

Well today is the 16th. Boris said that if no deal was forthcoming by the 15th we would cease discussions.

Have we ceased discussions?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

16-10-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well today is the 16th. Boris said that if no deal was forthcoming by the 15th we would cease discussions.

Have we ceased discussions?
Hi

Nope, but he is not moving on his red lines.

He needs to concentrate now on getting ready for Brexit and supporting business.

He is not good on detail.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top