Join for free
Page 343 of 370 « First < 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:06 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Back to the Swimming Pool this morning after the break, boy was it busy. But I did 40 lengths, hope all these new faces get fed up soon and stop coming, then it will return to normal and peace will return.
That's some going Roxy.....
And after a layoff too......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Bob, I'm just popping in here to send best wishes to Mrs Fox and to say I hope her operation goes well tomorrow.

Thinking of you both x
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, I'm just popping in here to send best wishes to Mrs Fox and to say I hope her operation goes well tomorrow.

Thinking of you both x
Thanks Mags, I'll pass on your good wishes.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 03:55 AM

Mups, that was an exceptionally good article that could be extrapolated to almost any sport as we age. I would say it is fairly accurate, but I would add to people who don't exercise regularly that you can start getting fit at any age and with it will come a sense of well-being that will make the inevitability of mobility problems a non sequitur.

Roxy, you tickle me pink over your pool situation. There are ever, it seems, some wave of obstacles in the form of unruly children or those weighted down with New Years resolutions. I really think you have earned your own lane ! Super job!

I echo Mags' good wishes.

4.5 miles, but it was a puddle and mud fest that left me looking like something that the cat drug out.
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 06:53 PM

Most days I manage walking for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes on my exercise bicycle in the early evening.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Roxy, you tickle me pink over your pool situation. There are ever, it seems, some wave of obstacles in the form of unruly children or those weighted down with New Years resolutions. I really think you have earned your own lane ! Super job
Today was excellent WOO HOO, It was quiet at the pool only 4 in my lane, as each one finished and left nobody took their place. I ended up with the lane to myself for the last half hour of my swim. Don't know who you talked to Surfer but it worked. Thanks.

Problem is that there's only the one pool, that's why I do the Break Swim, no kids then at 7am. If I try to go later and they're off school that's when I run into problems.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Most days I manage walking for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes on my exercise bicycle in the early evening.
We just walk the dogs. Ours and one for an elderly lady. Max, ours, usually just strolls along beside my left knee. Sometimes he dives into the bushes looking for a bird or a squirrel. But he is really a dream to walk. A relaxing hour or so in the morning. I know I keep saying it but he really is a big gentle beast and lovely companionship. And my best therapist when I have had health problems. He just knows.

Ozzie, on the other hand, is on the lead and pulls like a pack of mules. He can be hard work. He isn't our dog but I'm toying with the idea of letting him go off lead. But if he scarpers, what do we tell his owner.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:33 PM

Does he like to play fetch? The ball and lunger is a great thing for the park, you can walk round chucking the ball or sit on the seat and do it. Soon runs the steam out of them.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:16 PM

Well, my gym sessions after the latest health problem are going quite well. I was logged as 85/100 performance and doing 54775 kilos as well as burning 768 calories. On the way to the gym the 3 miles of walking in-between buses also helps me get fitter. I hope to keep up my usual 3 sessions a week as of next week. I've already lost the Christmas flab, but there are some of my jeans I want to get back into after my 3 month lay-off.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 12:26 PM

I cancelled my gym membership a few months ago as I've been having some health issues and been diagnosed with a heart problem so I was afraid to exercise for a time. I decided to rejoin my gym as I really missed it and on Tuesday I walked at a nice steady pace on the treadmill and did some muscle work for my bum and thighs, I then went for a 15 minute swim afterwards.

I've been walking like John Wayne since as my muscles have been woken up again and they must have wondered what the heck had happened.

I have to say it was great to be back but i will be careful with the cardio work.

Tachy, that's some calorie burn there, good on ya!

Page 343 of 370 « First < 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top