Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 09:10 PM

talking keeping cameras clean inside the body

Nikon D810

Today I noticed a dust bunny in the viewfinder but not in the photos. This immediately led me to believe it was in the camera not the lens. So got home and remove lens to look inside the camera body.
Bit of a shock as i like to keep as clean as possible ,even down to sensor cleaning. But this particular bunny was on the rear of the viewfinder. Not only that but the mirror was covered with fine dust as well . Most I suspect would make a dive for a rocket blower but I have had experience of more dust being stirred up using one of these.

I do happen to have this

short video

what a great bit of kit. Powered by 2 AAA batteries the head spins at high speed causing static electricity. So I let it spin for about 5 seconds before use. gently going over the mirror with the brush first then another spin for the rear viewfinder glass it totally removed all the dust. The thing about using one of these is to don't disturb any other dust within the camera body.
If your thinking of another cleaning method including sensors then I can recommend this for light dust removal
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2019, 09:26 PM

Re: talking keeping cameras clean inside the body

I thought this was about colonoscopies!
Sorry
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Sorry
Bummer!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Sorry

So did I actually, Tess!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:23 AM

Have you ever had one of those extremely tiny insects that can somehow get inside your camera's viewfinder? The only solution was to put the camera in the freezer if you wanted to kill them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have you ever had one of those extremely tiny insects that can somehow get inside your camera's viewfinder? The only solution was to put the camera in the freezer if you wanted to kill them.
I don't know how that could happen . On the Nikon D800 series one can unscrew the viewfinder glass by closing the shutter inside first. But one would only do that to add to the viewfinder.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2019, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I don't know how that could happen . On the Nikon D800 series one can unscrew the viewfinder glass by closing the shutter inside first. But one would only do that to add to the viewfinder.
It was on one of my original 35mm cameras, the type with a solid glass prism. Somehow the insects get in between the prism and the viewfinder. There was an article about it in Professional Photography magazine years ago.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top