Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 08:37 PM

Biggest world polluters table!

One big surprise in the top four is Australia, who come amongst,
Unsurprisingly, china/ india and brazil?
I think ozzie were rated worse than brazil, due mainly to the fact
that they continue to mine and sell coal in large quantities, something
Uk has managed to almost eradicate at great cost to its economyl

Regards Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 09:17 PM

Re: Biggest world polluters table!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
One big surprise in the top four is Australia, who come amongst,
Unsurprisingly, china/ india and brazil?
I think ozzie were rated worse than brazil, due mainly to the fact
that they continue to mine and sell coal in large quantities, something
Uk has managed to almost eradicate at great cost to its economyl

Regards Donkeyman!
It's no surprise to me Donkeyman, I watch 'Aussie Railroads, 'Outback Truckers' 'Aussie Gold Hunters' and 'Outback Opal Hunters' and anything Aussie because I love the country, but you realise just how much stuff they mine and export, and it's not just coal.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's no surprise to me Donkeyman, I watch 'Aussie Railroads, 'Outback Truckers' 'Aussie Gold Hunters' and 'Outback Opal Hunters' and anything Aussie because I love the country, but you realise just how much stuff they mine and export, and it's not just coal.....
They also exploit other countries minerals by mining them for
them as well l believe? But lnwas still surprised OGF.
Donkeyman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 09:46 PM

Well it's a good job us Brits are leading the way, drinking coffee out of our shoes to save on plastic.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
They also exploit other countries minerals by mining them for
them as well l believe? But lnwas still surprised OGF.
Donkeyman!
Can we please have a little balance here. I feel pretty bad about these stats and I too believe that we should be moving away from coal even if it's at the expense of our economy. Our current regime only think about money, surpluses, strutting around the world and bragging about how good they are at economic management etc. They are also trying to game the environmental summits by playing with numbers. I didn't vote for them....The private sector is forging ahead with renewable energy projects despite them rather than with their support. But you mention none of this. Just "Australia exploits other countries??"....Mate I love Britain also. I lived there for a while. Had a ball. But it's a tad unfair to say this kind of things like Britain hasn't done the same?? I see invasion as a precursor to exploitation. Not always granted but often it is. The following is a list of the 22 countries in the world that have not been invaded at one time or another in history[ And presumably exploited in one way or another] by Britain.

Andorra, Belarus, Bolivia, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Guatemala, Ivory Coast ,Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mali, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Mongolia, Paraguay, Sao Tome and Principe, Sweden, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Vatican City.

Where does this information come from?...From the work of Stuart Laycock. A British historian. Google him. If you want to dispute his work, check the facts yourself. Don't ask me to do it. But here's a start. There is plenty of argument here. Pro and con. Have a read. Follow the cyber trail.

https://www.quora.com/Which-countrie...ot-invaded-yet
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2019, 12:08 AM

I saw in the papers the other day about New Zealand and their greenhouse gas problems, suppose to be because of the 30 million sheep they have.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20....davidfickling
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

19-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Can we please have a little balance here. I feel pretty bad about these stats and I too believe that we should be moving away from coal even if it's at the expense of our economy. Our current regime only think about money, surpluses, strutting around the world and bragging about how good they are at economic management etc. They are also trying to game the environmental summits by playing with numbers. I didn't vote for them....The private sector is forging ahead with renewable energy projects despite them rather than with their support. But you mention none of this. Just "Australia exploits other countries??"....Mate I love Britain also. I lived there for a while. Had a ball. But it's a tad unfair to say this kind of things like Britain hasn't done the same?? I see invasion as a precursor to exploitation. Not always granted but often it is. The following is a list of the 22 countries in the world that have not been invaded at one time or another in history[ And presumably exploited in one way or another] by Britain.

Andorra, Belarus, Bolivia, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Guatemala, Ivory Coast ,Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Mali, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Mongolia, Paraguay, Sao Tome and Principe, Sweden, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and Vatican City.

Where does this information come from?...From the work of Stuart Laycock. A British historian. Google him. If you want to dispute his work, check the facts yourself. Don't ask me to do it. But here's a start. There is plenty of argument here. Pro and con. Have a read. Follow the cyber trail.

https://www.quora.com/Which-countrie...ot-invaded-yet

Why so defensive KZ?
I was just expressing my surprise at ozz heing so high up the table!
I find it surprising that a nation that appears as largely rural with
very little industry and a low population density should have such a
large carbon footprint?
I implied no critisism of ozz at all just stated the findings of some
institution or other and suggested a couple of reasons why this
rating should be?
I agree with your summary of the british empire, in fact l am the first
to critisize past injustices. But those days are long gone and now is
now, and l think if taken in the context of the times at those times
the empire was not so bad?
However good luck KZ, l am praying you get some rain soon to help
put out the fires, and break the drought!

Regards Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2019, 03:09 PM

I agree with Donkeyman Keezoy, I wasn't having a go at you or the Australian people. The fact is, it's not your country Keezoy, in the same way that England is not mine. Nobody asked me if it was alright to go around the world sacking countries, and nobody asked you if it was alright to mine the guts out of Australia, and nobody would have taken any notice if we did.

The thing that annoys me with all this carbon footprint and CO2 nonsense is the fact that the common people are blamed for the destruction of the planet, and that we are solely responsible for taking away the young peoples futures. Yes we probably have been a little complicit by allowing the multinational companies to grow so big that they now have the power to control countries and their economies.

Industry is responsible for practically all pollution and damage to this planet, and the big multinationals are responsible. Supply and demand you may say..
They are only supplying demand...But if you were to see a £20 note (other currencies are also available) laying on the ground, you would no doubt pick it up...But if it wasn't there you would carry on your day as usual. If supply isn't there or becomes rare people will automatically respect and value it more, use less, and repair where possible, instead of throwing it away.

Companies should not be allowed to amalgamate, by doing so they create a monopoly and take away fair competition by swallowing up the small guy and the family run companies.
They also mine on a global scale, all in the name of profit. If things continue as they are, the whole world will be run and controlled just by a handful of very powerful companies.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

19-12-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I agree with Donkeyman Keezoy, I wasn't having a go at you or the Australian people. The fact is, it's not your country Keezoy, in the same way that England is not mine. Nobody asked me if it was alright to go around the world sacking countries, and nobody asked you if it was alright to mine the guts out of Australia, and nobody would have taken any notice if we did.

The thing that annoys me with all this carbon footprint and CO2 nonsense is the fact that the common people are blamed for the destruction of the planet, and that we are solely responsible for taking away the young peoples futures. Yes we probably have been a little complicit by allowing the multinational companies to grow so big that they now have the power to control countries and their economies.

Industry is responsible for practically all pollution and damage to this planet, and the big multinationals are responsible. Supply and demand you may say..
They are only supplying demand...But if you were to see a £20 note (other currencies are also available) laying on the ground, you would no doubt pick it up...But if it wasn't there you would carry on your day as usual. If supply isn't there or becomes rare people will automatically respect and value it more, use less, and repair where possible, instead of throwing it away.

Companies should not be allowed to amalgamate, by doing so they create a monopoly and take away fair competition by swallowing up the small guy and the family run companies.
They also mine on a global scale, all in the name of profit. If things continue as they are, the whole world will be run and controlled just by a handful of very powerful companies.

And they hold their secret board meetings in Davos! Where they plan
their next years strategy to take more control!
Sounds like James Bond doesnt it?

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-01-2020, 06:20 PM

Not a good time to bring it up, but ozz has probably moved one
higher on the polluters table?

Donkeyman!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top