Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 09:14 AM

What do you think ?

Should he have gone to jail?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-woman.html
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 10:11 AM

Re: What do you think ?

I appreciate these threads and I like to try to offer a sensible response but I can never read them without subscribing which I am so not going to do. Is it possible to have a brief synopsis of the issue?..If you can't be bothered, no problem.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 10:47 AM

It's a difficult one isn't it Muddy one lady died and another has life changing injuries.....I think as the husband of the dead lady said....it gives me no pleasure but justice was served here.

I think the fact he was in a rage when he accidentally reversed into these ladies makes a difference.

Regardless of his age he was responsible .....his death no doubt was inevitable due to his age....very sad.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I appreciate these threads and I like to try to offer a sensible response but I can never read them without subscribing which I am so not going to do. Is it possible to have a brief synopsis of the issue?..If you can't be bothered, no problem.
Any help keezoy? It's a different publication but the same subject:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/07/drive...rake-11405703/
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 11:30 AM

It's time there were geriatric jails with an appropriate regime.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Keezoy the headline is "Driver, 87, dies from a heart attack in prison nine days after being jailed for killing woman, 64, by hitting his car accelerator instead of the brake in a Sainsbury's car park"
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 12:34 PM

I was struck by this section:

Heagren never apologised to his victims' families but the defence nonetheless claimed he had shown 'genuine remorse' in interviews with his probation officer.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:03 PM

He may have died anyway, he was 87 and looked frail.
There is a problem with geriatric drivers that I see almost daily, including on my own street where they can barely reverse out of their drives.
They don't seem to realise they should not be driving.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 01:39 PM

You don’t have to subscribe to the DM Keyzoy .
It was as it says an 87 year old man killed a Lady and seriously injured another in a parking incident .
I think the problem is with automatic cars people who have driven manual for most of their lives forget and in times of stress press the accelerator instead of the brake.
I don’t think he had any intentions of killing someone that day.
It seems rather hard to send a man of his age to Wormwood scrubs .
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2019, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the help guys. It all just sounds very sad to me. The old bloke should not have been driving by the looks of it. In event event he didn't sound like a criminal. It was an accident. At his age merely being sent to prison probably killed him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top