Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 04:21 PM

Re: EU issueing threats, again!!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...sheries-policy

Solasch, Your three Muskateers are dead fish in the water. Varadkar is on his way out in the forthcoming Irish Election, Barnier has been an utter failure in negotiations and Macron is only hogging the desperate headlines because he is in deep doody on home soil.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Since when did the EU own services ?
Hi

The EU has the right to determine who operates Services in the Single Market.

No different to us having the right to determine who operates Services here in the UK.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...sheries-policy

Solasch, Your three Muskateers are dead fish in the water. Varadkar is on his way out in the forthcoming Irish Election, Barnier has been an utter failure in negotiations and Macron is only hogging the desperate headlines because he is in deep doody on home soil.
You probably know best about varadkar, and I don't care who is president in france. About barnier, presuming you have a brain to use, why would the EU send someone who has failed to negotiate with so much at stake?
As for failure:
In Britain’s negotiations with Ireland over Brexit, some senior politicians in London were dismissive of the effectiveness of Irish diplomacy. One cabinet minister, who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the negotiations, told me that Ireland was a small country, which meant that the quality of its ministers could not match that of those in the UK. And yet this attitude proved part of London’s undoing in the negotiations, which saw Ireland win more of its objectives than Britain did.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...europe/605224/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU has the right to determine who operates Services in the Single Market.

No different to us having the right to determine who operates Services here in the UK.
Let them deny themselves euro clearing in the UK then I the USA and Singapore. They will have a currency the same as North Korea .
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You probably know best about varadkar, and I don't care who is president in france. About barnier, presuming you have a brain to use, why would the EU send someone who has failed to negotiate with so much at stake?
As for failure:
In Britain’s negotiations with Ireland over Brexit, some senior politicians in London were dismissive of the effectiveness of Irish diplomacy. One cabinet minister, who asked for anonymity because of the sensitivity of the negotiations, told me that Ireland was a small country, which meant that the quality of its ministers could not match that of those in the UK. And yet this attitude proved part of London’s undoing in the negotiations, which saw Ireland win more of its objectives than Britain did.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...europe/605224/

You state there is a lot at stake in the negotiations Solly?
I assume you mean the EU when you say that, as surely you have no
concerns about the fate of the UK do you?? So you must be concerned
about the EU??
Donkeyman!!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You state there is a lot at stake in the negotiations Solly?
I assume you mean the EU when you say that, as surely you have no
concerns about the fate of the UK do you?? So you must be concerned
about the EU??
Donkeyman!!
I'm concerned about people in the EU buying cheap products from the UK that are of inferior quality or have been produced with environmental pollution or by exploiting workers rights and conditions.
If you sell them to your own consumers, that's fine, but do not try to sneak them into the hands of our children.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2020, 11:24 PM

I'm concerned about people in the EU buying cheap products from the UK that are of inferior quality or have been produced with environmental pollution or by exploiting workers rights and conditions.
If you sell them to your own consumers, that's fine, but do not try to sneak them into the hands of our children.

Continue to buy them from china then
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-01-2020, 01:23 AM

Continue to buy them from china then
Were'nt the UK's imports from china in 2018 £ 44,7 bn? Do your maths before posting son. Will you never learn?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

28-01-2020, 10:38 AM

Were'nt the UK's imports from china in 2018 £ 44,7 bn? Do your maths before posting son. Will you never learn?
You said ...

"I'm concerned about people in the EU buying cheap products from the UK that are of inferior quality or have been produced with environmental pollution or by exploiting workers rights and conditions."

So I reminded you that the EU buys a lot of its goods from China, which is much worse when it comes to human rights, animal rights, workers rights and inferior quality.

You make me laugh you do, your the gift that keeps on giving
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

28-01-2020, 02:25 PM

You said ...

"I'm concerned about people in the EU buying cheap products from the UK that are of inferior quality or have been produced with environmental pollution or by exploiting workers rights and conditions."

So I reminded you that the EU buys a lot of its goods from China, which is much worse when it comes to human rights, animal rights, workers rights and inferior quality.

You make me laugh you do, your the gift that keeps on giving
You are quite right, but that is why the EU closes trade deals with third parties. In the deal the UK wants there will have to be guarantees about that level playing field. As you know the EU and china are negotiating about a trade deal. There too guarantees will be needed.
In effect, you are treated by the barniet as any other third party, so forget about any piecemeal deal, just as barnier kept you from cherry picking.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top