Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 12:32 AM

How Many Meals?

How many meals a day do you eat? I've noticed in the What Have You Had for Dinner thread that many folk have a full brekkie, full lunch and full evening meal, all of which have sounded wonderful and most tastyful.

I've never eaten a full breakfast in my life because I can't eat half an hour after waking up. My stomach only wakens up a few hours later, at lunch-time!

I don't eat a full lunch either, just a sandwich of some description, but I do make an effort to make a decent meal in the evenings.

Bear in mind, I'm only a little person, 5 foot nowt and just under 8 stone, with a small skeletal frame, but I'm not starving meself.

Oh, I do sometimes also have a munch for supper at around 8.30 in the evening. Perhaps a bit of clear chicken noodle soup, or a slice of toast, mayhap a buttered crumpet, but not always.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 12:43 AM

Re: How Many Meals?

3 and a little snack at night (some berries or seeds)

My first meal of the day is actually a cooked dinner Lots of veg and usually chicken - for some reason if I don't eat a 'good' meal to begin my day I just don't feel right throughout the day.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
3 and a little snack at night (some berries or seeds)

My first meal of the day is actually a cooked dinner Lots of veg and usually chicken - for some reason if I don't eat a 'good' meal to begin my day I just don't feel right throughout the day.
I think much of the way we eat is to do with how we've been brought up from being children.

As a child I had to have some porridge or something like that, which I hated. My young brother wouldn't eat anything, and would faint in Assembly, but it wasn't my mother's fault. He just refused to eat, and I'm talking about the 1950s now. Of course we'd have a good meal at lunch-time, and a good meal in the evenings, which of course are essential for a child.

I must admit, when I worked full time, I had an hour for lunch, and I'd have a chippy dinner or pies, or something of that nature but, when I'd eaten, I went really tired, and a lot of folk have said the same, so I changed my eating habits so that I had energy for work in the afternoons.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 01:19 AM

I start the day with porridge, then maybe have some fruit for lunch (I've never been one for lunches), and then evening meal.

I always had the munchies in the evening, but not allowed to do that now, as I'm watching my intake.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 02:11 AM

I have oatmeal for breakfast always friut mid morring a buttie at lunch with yogert and a smallplate full of somthing for tea
and some toast later on
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 09:04 AM

I mainly have a couple of slices of toast with butter and marmalade and a mug of black coffee shortly after getting up (around 06.00), but occasionally, there is a 'greasy spoon' cafe just down the road and if I feel like it, will have a 'full english'. My main meal of the day is lunchtime which I will cook. Around 18.00 I will get some 'tea', normally a plate of sandwiches, but sometimes a few pancakes, or a couple of hot dogs (frankfurter sausages in finger rolls with fried onions), sometimes some brie cheese on top of cheese thin biscuits washed down with a glass or Port.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Always three meals
..Organic porridge oats for breakfast and a cup of tea,
..usually a home made bread roll for lunch with home made soup or a filling,
.. dinner with lots of vegetables or salad and a glass of wine,
then a snack of fruit and nuts brazils/almonds/wallnuts.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 09:28 AM

Usually I have two meals a day and nothing after 6.00pm in the evening. I don't always have a cooked meal and often have cereal and fruit for an early lunch, because I don't eat breakfast - just a drink of juice and maybe a yoghurt in the morning, but not first thing. Evening meal is usually my main meal and is a high protein meal which seems to suit me better than eating a lot during the day.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 09:52 AM

I have 2 slices of toast and marmite for brekkie, a sandwich and some fruit for lunch and cook myself a meal in the evening. I am prone to weight gain so I have to be careful.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2012, 01:17 PM

We try to have our main meal about three in the afternoon. Thats it till breakfast, usually toast and cereal. We find its keeps our weight fairly stable, as it gives our digestion a chance work itself out. Also we tend to sleep a little better. Mind you, that does not include my evening supply of beer and wine!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top