Join for free
Page 249 of 370 « First < 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 01:21 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I've been missing for a couple of days on here, time to catch up with some posts...

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
This was Thursday's workout figures, so tomorrow (Saturday) I hope to improve one or two of them.

Back Extension:- 3 x 30 @ 40kg
Stomach crunch:- 4 x 30 @40kg
Chest Press:- 15 x 30kg, 10 X 30kg, 15 X 37.5kg, 12 x 30kg
Shoulder press:- 3 x 10 @ 10kg
Pulldown:- 3 x 15 @ 35kg, 3 x 15 @ 40kg, 15 x 30kg
Pec deck:- 15 @ 25kg, 3 x 15 @ 30kg
Arm curl:- 15 @ 20kg, 10 x 15kg
Arm extension:- 20 x 20kg, 2 x 20 @ 30kg, 20 x 20kg
Low row:- 15 @40kg, 2 x 15 @ 30kg

Finished with 10 minutes on the arm bike. Did a bit of leg work, just to see how the knees took it, but not enough to be worth recording at this time.

Blimey, I impressed myself accidentally at today's gym session. I went on the Pulldown machine and saw it was on 40kg already, so I started my reps. It seemed really hard going but I knew I could do 40kg and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me! Then I noticed it was on 60kg, not 40kg... Still, I went on to manage 5 reps at that weight before I went back to my usual weight.
Tachyon, I'm really enjoying reading about your eager and rejuvenated efforts to get back into your gym training. You're like man possessed with your new reports from this quality gym you've joined.
Your weights are increasing really well and I'm not surprised you found that 60kg lift difficult - but you managed it and that shows the remarkable durability of the human body. We don't give in. keep it going bud

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Can anyone direct me to a descriptive ten-minute workout? I need a daily exercise routine as I've had to give up my walking and most of my exercise classes due to injury..........one big, fat, stupid, toe!
Sorry I'm a little late here, Lindy, but I think Bratti hits the nail on the head to be honest. If you're wanting to train at home, DVDs are probably the best option. Perhaps buy yourself some small dumbbells, a mat and an inflatable ball too. Good luck there

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Today we both went to the gym. Since I was with him I didn’t do as much as I normally do but I took Floydy advice regarding the weights. 5 and 10 pounds weights seem plenty heavy enough. They don’t have anything lighter than that but I have smaller weights at home I can work with.
I jogged 5 kilometres only, did my leg routine workout as well as worked out on 6 different machines. I took pics of the first 4 but forgot to take pics of the other 2. I got distracted while I was cleaning them but here is the equipment.
Tonight we are going out with friends to celebrate my birthday which is tomorrow.
I’m going to see a famous saxophonist with my brother.
Nice and steady with those weights, Bratti. Everything is moderation. Those 5-10lb weights will soon be 10-15lb weights, but remember it's not all about strength. Keeping oneself fit and well is the name of the game and those gym machines look like ideal pieces of apparatus to keep you in trim. Look at you skating...that's awesome and something I couldn't stand up five seconds doing!
Have a great birthday today and enjoy the band tonight

No training for me during the past couple of days, a well-earned rest was called for and my body has recovered very well. I'm feeling strong and fit, despite a few beers out with my pals yesterday afternoon on a rare Sunday off.
Back at the gym today if possible after a visit to my GP about that cough I still can't get rid of.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2019, 02:45 AM

What a pleasure to sign into the thread today to see all these fabulous photos of our resident athletes and to hear about the good progress.

Lindyloo, you might try doing a search on YouTube. There are videos like this one and others that are decent substitutes that can be modified (like doing crunches instead of planks) to work around your injuries.

It was a long walk around the campus today along with a solid hour of nine-story stair climbing. I haven't run in a few days now, but I think that after today, I will be able to have four straight days! Crossing my fingers and laying my shoes.

Thanks to Floydy for doing such a great job responding to everyone.

Cheers from North Carolina!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
It was a long walk around the campus today along with a solid hour of nine-story stair climbing. I haven't run in a few days now, but I think that after today, I will be able to have four straight days! Crossing my fingers and laying my shoes.
Cheers from North Carolina!
Nine flights of stairs continuously over an hour is incredible, Suzie. I admire your integrity there. Those quads must be seriously getting ripped! Keep at it

Wednesday 6/2/19: Tension Training (full body) 1 hour.
(All weights in kgs)

Having not trained since Friday, enjoying a few days of much-required rest, it wasn’t so easy getting back into it today, that stodgy feeling of slight nausea and bloatedness which is experienced due to lack of a routine had set in uncomfortably. This stayed with me throughout my session so I probably could only give ¾ of my best – still, I made the effort.

Dismissing all of that, it was time to make a start. I had come up with a short-ish routine of simply doing just one set, but that was not as straightforward as it sounds as that set would involve me pausing the reps at two or three stages as I lifted – i.e. no putting down the weight but holding it in place. Easier said than done. So it was basically a grab-bag of exercises for this trial routine, to be perfected next time I give it a whirl.

UPPER BODY
(One continuous paused set each)

Smith bench press, incline:
33x30kg

Smith shoulder press:
20x20

Chest press:
22x40

DB concentration curl:
25x10 each arm

Standing DB preacher curl:
10x20 each arm

Tricep extensions:
35x40

Pec dec:
45x30

Fly delt dec:
30x65

E-Z preacher curl:
23x28

LEGS
(Two continuous paused sets each)

Incline press:
45x150, 20x250

Sled press:
50x140, 30x200

Seated ham curls:
35x35, 17x50

Extensions:
35x40, 20x60

You notice on the legs I did two sets instead of the one, really pushing myself on the heavier weights. Next time I’ll work to a more constructive pattern and do two sets of each exercise but making sure I reach certain targets (eg. The pec dec may be devised as a paused three-set 25-15-10 reps at perhaps 30kgs, followed by a further paused 2-set, say, 12-8 reps at maybe 40kgs). This should see me reach full ‘failure point' at the end of each set, thus loading up the muscles to the maximum effort possible. See how it goes.

Thanks for reading
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:40 AM

Today's workout (in totals although mostly done in sets of 10, 15 or 20)...

Back Extension -- 120 @ 40kg (4 sets of 30)
Stomach crunch -- 120 @ 40kg (4 sets of 30)
Pull-down -- 35 @ 30kg, 35 @ 40kg, 10 @ 35kg
Arm extension (triceps) -- 50 @ 25kg
Pec-dec -- 45 @ 30kg, 5 @ 40kg, 10 @ 35kg
Arm curl -- 30 @ 20kg
Chest press -- 15 @ 35kg, 30 @ 30kg
Low row -- 30 @ 30kg

Ten minutes on the arm bike to cool down at end of session. Little bit of leg work but it's quite tough with a bit of pain. My arms can do more than my legs in weight and reps, which just shows how badly my leg joints and muscles were affected by my immune system.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 04:10 AM

Very nice workouts, gentlemen!

75°F of gorgeous sunshine today! The clock was screaming a deadline of 4Pm, which was a good thing because both my legs and lungs were complaining like mad long before the four mile mark. The geography here are seemingly endless rows rolling folds of the Piedmont Plateau, so I'll play that excuse . Oh well, I did it - even though I was slow as a snail on Sunday.

Do you know the best way to get healthy? Leave a hospital.

And that's exactly what we are doing tomorrow!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-02-2019, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Very nice workouts, gentlemen!

75°F of gorgeous sunshine today! The clock was screaming a deadline of 4Pm, which was a good thing because both my legs and lungs were complaining like mad long before the four mile mark. The geography here are seemingly endless rows rolling folds of the Piedmont Plateau, so I'll play that excuse . Oh well, I did it - even though I was slow as a snail on Sunday.

Do you know the best way to get healthy? Leave a hospital.

And that's exactly what we are doing tomorrow!
Hi Suzie.
Well from your very positive and uplifting post I'm thinking your daughter is well on the road to recovery. All that time in a hospital whilst it is there to make people better is soulo destroying and it will be such a welcome relief for you both to live a virtually normal life once again. You've even managed to go for a proper run outside , those stairs now confined to the grey building where they belong. I bet you won't be sad to see the back of them!
Best wishes to your daughter and to yourself. You are such a wonderful mum
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-02-2019, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Today's workout (in totals although mostly done in sets of 10, 15 or 20)...

Back Extension -- 120 @ 40kg (4 sets of 30)
Stomach crunch -- 120 @ 40kg (4 sets of 30)
Pull-down -- 35 @ 30kg, 35 @ 40kg, 10 @ 35kg
Arm extension (triceps) -- 50 @ 25kg
Pec-dec -- 45 @ 30kg, 5 @ 40kg, 10 @ 35kg
Arm curl -- 30 @ 20kg
Chest press -- 15 @ 35kg, 30 @ 30kg
Low row -- 30 @ 30kg

Ten minutes on the arm bike to cool down at end of session. Little bit of leg work but it's quite tough with a bit of pain. My arms can do more than my legs in weight and reps, which just shows how badly my leg joints and muscles were affected by my immune system.
Tachyon, you're doing fabulously well with your new training routine (I'm presuming you're taking notes on where to beat your previous scores?), this new gym being some kind of Godsend for you - just the ticket you needed to get yourself back to fitness and then some! Well done mate

Analysing and trying to pick apart those exercise sets above, I'm unable to do so in any kind of negative way - you're spot on with the sets and reps and you will surely be very contented with your swift progression. We all have our own capabilities in the weights stakes, but you should be rather proud of yourself with those figures bud
Love the triceps and arm curl reps - 50 and 30 respectively - that's on a par with what I'm doing. Monstrous reps! I have some competition in here and I love that!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 12:39 PM

I noticed the time you posted, Floydy. I hope it wasn't trouble sleeping again?

Thanks for the praise, which was very kind. Praise indeed coming from you, too! Yes, it was a good decision to have a go at the new gym. I was worried I was putting weight on because my t-shirts are a bit snug around the arms and chest, but realised my waistline wasn't expanding. It's surprising how fast muscle starts showing when the workload is increased, and whereas it took 2 or 3 hours in the old gym to feel tired, if I do an hour and a quarter to an hour and a glad I feel like I have worked quite hard.

Next gym session on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-02-2019, 02:46 PM

No trouble sleeping, Tachyon. I work nights mate. You won't see me post in the morning very often. A year or so left then hopefully free of this nocturnal "existence"

Enjoy your session Saturday buddy.

Some more high-resistance training from me later today.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 03:09 PM

Hello Dare I say it, I'm back to normal!
So apart from the regular stretching which helped to get my back sorted at last, I'm running upstairs...
And yesterday walked 3-4 miles with my walking group

I know it's diddly squat compared with you lot!

Page 249 of 370 « First < 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 259 299 349 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top