Join for free
Page 104 of 276 « First < 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 12:27 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Just reading an earlier post Ffosse and fatigue is definitely my biggest problem at the moment. I too get out of breath very quickly and next time I have my chemo, I will ask if there is anything I can take to help me. It’s now 11 days since my last chemo and I’m just beginning to feel a bit better.

Thinking of you this afternoon with your CT Scan Ffosse and isn’t your son’s appointment coming up soon Sweetie.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:34 PM

Yes, the fatigue is the worst part - it's being completely overwhelmed by tiredness and lack of energy plus sudden breathlessness upon activity.

My CT scan today went very smoothly - no problems at all. The worst part is having to drink that much water over a fairly short period of time. But I arrived early and was seen quickly, the procedure itself being problem-free. Nothing like as bad as an MRI scan.

I've got chemo tomorrow and after that, and my in hospital chemo from the 21st to 25th or so, I'll only have 1 more chemo session on the 4th of July.

That should be it - no more procedures. The nurse I spoke with today said that the fatigue will lift sometime after the last chemo which is good news.

2 years ago I had very few symptoms from the chemo so this is new territory for me but at least I can now see the end. It seems a very long time from the beginning of February when I was first admitted. My chest infection is getting better, too so I must make sure I finish the course of antibiotics.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Just reading an earlier post Ffosse and fatigue is definitely my biggest problem at the moment. I too get out of breath very quickly and next time I have my chemo, I will ask if there is anything I can take to help me. It’s now 11 days since my last chemo and I’m just beginning to feel a bit better.

Thinking of you this afternoon with your CT Scan Ffosse and isn’t your son’s appointment coming up soon Sweetie.

So has had his CT scan - Still waiting for results.
Glad you are feeling better Val.

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, the fatigue is the worst part - it's being completely overwhelmed by tiredness and lack of energy plus sudden breathlessness upon activity.

My CT scan today went very smoothly - no problems at all. The worst part is having to drink that much water over a fairly short period of time. But I arrived early and was seen quickly, the procedure itself being problem-free. Nothing like as bad as an MRI scan.

I've got chemo tomorrow and after that, and my in hospital chemo from the 21st to 25th or so, I'll only have 1 more chemo session on the 4th of July.

That should be it - no more procedures. The nurse I spoke with today said that the fatigue will lift sometime after the last chemo which is good news.

2 years ago I had very few symptoms from the chemo so this is new territory for me but at least I can now see the end. It seems a very long time from the beginning of February when I was first admitted. My chest infection is getting better, too so I must make sure I finish the course of antibiotics.
Thanks for the update Dreamy. I will be away when you are in hospital. I may just log in to say hi. x
Good luck for tomorrow.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 05:05 PM

I had my chemo session and it went well if a little slowly. I've been given the injection I normally keep in my fridge and the nurse at my GP's injects me with it on Fridays.

This time, though, it's a Saturday which is a little odd. They said they would make arrangements with a community nurse to come out to my house. I'd rather not but must do as I'm told, I guess.

Also, the drugs in my dosette box look a little different - there's still a shedload of prednisolone (steroids) but also some others that I don't recognise including two large pink tablets I must take an hour before breakfast in the morning.

At least that's it for this week (apart from my GP visit tomorrow which I don't mind). The next thing will be my hospital stay from next Thursday onwards.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 05:32 PM

I bet you are glad that is over Dreamy.
Try and relax now
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

13-06-2018, 05:44 PM

I will. The clinician explained to me today that the chemo causes a core weakness so it feels like nothing is supporting my back and neck outside; I was glad to get that explained to me because I've had terrible back and neck pain but it is just the chemo and nothing else.

I'm going to watch some TV now. I'm also buying a new sofa soon as this one is 11 years old and has sunk in several places - it's beyond fixing.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 02:17 PM

I had my chemo session and it went well if a little slowly. I've been given the injection I normally keep in my fridge and the nurse at my GP's injects me with it on Fridays.

This time, though, it's a Saturday which is a little odd. They said they would make arrangements with a community nurse to come out to my house. I'd rather not but must do as I'm told, I guess.

Also, the drugs in my dosette box look a little different - there's still a shedload of prednisolone (steroids) but also some others that I don't recognise including two large pink tablets I must take an hour before breakfast in the morning.

At least that's it for this week (apart from my GP visit tomorrow which I don't mind). The next thing will be my hospital stay from next Thursday onwards.
The bank holidays throw my routine out and last time I needed to have my chemo pump removed on a Sunday! The hospital arranged for the district nurse to call but half an hour after she was due, she called to ask where I was. I was supposed to go to the hospital but nobody had told me this!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-06-2018, 04:35 PM

I will. The clinician explained to me today that the chemo causes a core weakness so it feels like nothing is supporting my back and neck outside; I was glad to get that explained to me because I've had terrible back and neck pain but it is just the chemo and nothing else.

I'm going to watch some TV now. I'm also buying a new sofa soon as this one is 11 years old and has sunk in several places - it's beyond fixing.
A new sofa, sounds lovely.

Originally Posted by Val J ->
The bank holidays throw my routine out and last time I needed to have my chemo pump removed on a Sunday! The hospital arranged for the district nurse to call but half an hour after she was due, she called to ask where I was. I was supposed to go to the hospital but nobody had told me this!
Poor you Val, and how confusing for you.

I wouldn't mind an update on both of you - please
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 04:51 PM

Forget Sofa, get yourself a riser/recliner chair - much more comfortable and will, if you let it, in one direction, actually lift and tip you out of it. In the opposite direction you can almost lay horizontal. I'll guarantee, if you get one, you'll manage to fall asleep watching your TV. - it's that comfortable!!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-06-2018, 05:28 PM

I need a sofa for when I have company, and I'm not sure where I'd put the riser/recliner although I'd love to have one. My living-room is small. In the meantime, I've arranged the comfiest part of the sofa directly opposite the TV. And I've got the TV hooked up to my hi-fi speakers which are placed quite far apart giving a good stereo sound. (TV speakers are rubbish). It's strange because I'd had the hi-fi for nearly a year and never used it, preferring headphones for music, so it's good to finally have a use for it. Right now I've got the World Cup on.

I saw my G.P. again today and she increased my pain medication once more. I'm now on 20mg tablets of Oxycodone twice a day plus the liquid if I need it. I've certainly been in more pain recently, perhaps because I've had a relatively busy week but my back and neck kill me, especially when I'm standing or walking and sometimes, when I'm sitting down, I just can't get comfy. My sleep and appetite are fine, though.

Ward 1 phoned me and told me to forget about a nurse coming out on Saturday to give me the injection which is in my fridge, but to hold on to it and take it with me to hospital next Thursday. That makes sense though I'm not sure why I couldn't have had my G.P.'s nurse inject me on Friday - that was what happened last time. Still, I'm finding myself a little anxious about my hospital stay - I managed fine last time (apart from the night-time biting of my drip). I must just get on with it. And I've got a week free from any appointments coming up; 4 days consecutively was a bit much.

Page 104 of 276 « First < 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top