Join for free
Page 113 of 276 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

That's a lot - I didn't realise chemo could go on that long, you must be thoroughly fed up with it by now.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
That's a lot - I didn't realise chemo could go on that long, you must be thoroughly fed up with it by now.
I had the choice a few weeks ago, whether to stop or carry on the treatment. I chose to continue. Now I’ll see what my choices are on Tuesday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 01:39 PM

Hello Val and Dreamy.
I see there has been ups and downs.
I hope you have a choice tomorrow Val.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Val J - only you can decide what is right for you, it's your health. I hope things go well for you.

Had my blood taken this morning and am looking forward to Wednesday as it should be my last chemo apart from my hospital stay on the 11th.

As much as i like the staff in Ward 1 and appreciate all they've done for me, I won't miss the place.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Val J - only you can decide what is right for you, it's your health. I hope things go well for you.

Had my blood taken this morning and am looking forward to Wednesday as it should be my last chemo apart from my hospital stay on the 11th.

As much as i like the staff in Ward 1 and appreciate all they've done for me, I won't miss the place.
Will they still monitor you though Ffosse? If I choose to come off the chemo for a while, I hope I will still have scans just to see how things are going.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-07-2018, 05:04 PM

Yes, I've got another MRI and another CT scan to get through. I'll also have to keep on taking my temperature every day.

There is a haemotology hotline I can phone anytime - I've used it a few times. I assume I'll get checkups every 3 months like the first time I had cancer.

They will continue to monitor you, they won't just forget.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

02-07-2018, 05:41 PM

I just got a phone call from my G.P. saying that my neutrophil (white blood cell) count was very low at 0.27.

I phoned the haemotology hotline and they are going to speak to my clinical nurse and maybe the Consultant tomorrow but it looks like my chemo might not be going ahead on Wednesday.

They asked me if I feel OK. I do, no problems really, but this has worried me a bit.

Nothing to be done about it until tomorrow, though, unless I feel suddenly unwell during the night - they stressed how important it was that I keep on taking my temperature. I've to stay away from anyone with a cold which shouldn't be difficult as I never go out (well I did today) but I'm hardly ever in a confined space with lots of other people.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-07-2018, 09:54 AM

So I'm to go into Ward 1 today for an injection in order for my neutrophil count to be raised so I can have my chemo like normal tomorrow.

Really annoyed at this, I could do without the hassle and expense of taxis.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

03-07-2018, 12:58 PM

Today I went into Ward1 for a stomach injection, I've to go back tomorrow for my chemo.

But first they must check my blood (this will take 90 minutes), and I may not be able to get my chemo tomorrow if my blood white cell count is still too low. In that case, I would have my chemo a week later, on the 11th.

This would mean that my methotrexate stay in hospital will also be postponed. I wish they could just get things right; they messed up by not giving me that injection when it was due a couple of weeks ago. Plus it's the cost of the taxis that gets me down. I'm trying to save money, not pay for £18 round trips to the hospital.

At this rate I'll never get my methotrexate treatment done as I have encroaching appointments coming up: a CT scan, an MRI, and a psychiatrist visit all in July.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:27 PM

Just popped in to check on you both.
Dreamy don't let it get to you.
Both yourself and Val are coping well.x

Page 113 of 276 « First < 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top