Join for free
Page 41 of 164 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 12:33 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I share your concern Meg, I also suffer with Arrhythmia, but for the last few years I have been in very good health and am loath to put that at risk on the off chance that I might catch the virus. I am not an anti-vaxxer but am super careful what I put in my body, I tend to err on the side of caution where medication is concerned. I have no wish to put anyone off having the jab, in fact having the jab is possibly the right thing to do and I might be doing myself harm by not having it. I will wait and see what the future brings before I make my decision. All the best Meg, and I hope that the vaccine keeps you safe and with no after effects....
Bob I currently have some mediation sitting on my shelf that may help my condition but which I can't take. It was prescribed just before the December surge in the virus, the first dose should really be administered in hospital but I managed to get my EP to prescribe it on condition that I have someone around to get me to hospital if I have a bad reaction.
Once vaccinated I can take the medication, I will be able to risk A&E if I need to, I fear the virus more than anything else and nothing will put me off having it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The reason for this is that the first batches of people who were invited to have their first vaccination, were at the same time given appointments for their second vaccination. When Boris and gang decided to extend the time between first and second jabs, surgeries who arranged both first and second appointments, refused to contact all those people again to cancel the second appointment.
Good for them.

I'd also question the government's reason for extending the time between first and second jabs.

I believe that everyone who has been given their first jab should receive their second one after the optimum period following the first.

Any supplying of vaccines to other countries, especially the EU ones, should not take place until every British citizen has been accounted for. We must look after ourselves before others, as no-one else will do so.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes JBR, l understand that but l think it’s because most people l know were either given two appointments at the time of booking or at the time of their vaccination.
All of the people l know who have a date for their second vaccine had the Oxford vaccination.

I don’t don’t know anyone who had the Pfizer vaccination that has a second appointment.
Ah, thank you. That's quite informative. I don't know which one I shall be receiving, but I've always said I'd prefer the one you had: the Oxford-AZ one.

Of course things change, so who knows when you (or I) shall be receiving our second doses. Nevertheless, as I have said before, as long as second doses are given at the optimum time I shall be happy. We really want what is best for ourselves and our people.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bob I currently have some mediation sitting on my shelf that may help my condition but which I can't take. It was prescribed just before the December surge in the virus, the first dose should really be administered in hospital but I managed to get my EP to prescribe it on condition that I have someone around to get me to hospital if I have a bad reaction.
Once vaccinated I can take the medication, I will be able to risk A&E if I need to, I fear the virus more than anything else and nothing will put me off having it.
I quite understand Meg, and you need to do what you think is best, and to be honest, I agree with you...I'm one of the worlds worst patients, I won't take Statins, not because of something I read on twitter or the net, but because I have many friends and relatives who have had adverse reactions to them. I can't take Beta Blockers because my heartbeat, as well as being erratic is very slow, and my blood pressure is always on the low side, Beta Blockers make it even lower and slower, and make me dizzy and uncoordinated...

There are many other examples of medication that I refuse to take, but having the vaccine is still the main topic of my thoughts and considerations, I think I'm going slightly mad...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, thank you. That's quite informative. I don't know which one I shall be receiving, but I've always said I'd prefer the one you had: the Oxford-AZ one.

Of course things change, so who knows when you (or I) shall be receiving our second doses. Nevertheless, as I have said before, as long as second doses are given at the optimum time I shall be happy. We really want what is best for ourselves and our people.
JBR, Errrm... l had the Porsche... the Pfizer!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Meg,

I suggest an online chat, or a call back chat, with your Doctor, at whatever your practice is.

Better safe than sorry.
Apologies Ted I missed the 'not' out , it should have read 'I do not fear having the vaccination'.
Once I have had the vaccination I will be able to visit the opticians and have my broken specs fixed , I am squinting through one lens at the moment.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 01:42 PM

If anyone is wondering what is in the vaccine, the official fact sheet is here....
Always best to check what is being injected into your body...

http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=14472

WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS IN THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE?
The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA,
lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2
[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-
phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium
phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
The ingredients don't worry me at my time of life Bob, all I want is something that will help prevent me from getting this nightmare virus.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

06-02-2021, 01:57 PM

I quite understand Meg, and you need to do what you think is best, and to be honest, I agree with you...I'm one of the worlds worst patients, I won't take Statins, not because of something I read on twitter or the net, but because I have many friends and relatives who have had adverse reactions to them. I can't take Beta Blockers because my heartbeat, as well as being erratic is very slow, and my blood pressure is always on the low side, Beta Blockers make it even lower and slower, and make me dizzy and uncoordinated...

There are many other examples of medication that I refuse to take, but having the vaccine is still the main topic of my thoughts and considerations, I think I'm going slightly mad...
Oh dear Bob ... I think I am going a bit mad too
I won't take statins either . I worked really hard getting my 'bad' cholesterol level down only to walk in the Doctors and the first thing he said was 'You should be on statins' to which I replied 'no I shouldn't'.

BBs take my HR right down but I can live with that , I am also luck to have been prescribed Nebivolol as a BB because I have Asthma and not the dreaded Bisoprolol which seems to be 'the go to' BB for most GP in spite of the side effects probably because it is cheaper.

The new medication should stop my progressive and frequent episodes of P-AF which make me too feel so ill for many hours every few days . I can't persuade you to take the vaccination that is your choice but for me having it can't make my quality of life any worse and may free me to take the medication and to escape the self imposed isolation I have been in since last February.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The ingredients don't worry me at my time of life Bob, all I want is something that will help prevent me from getting this nightmare virus.
There is some pretty dubious stuff in there Mags, but if it does the job....

I suspect some of those chemicals are preservatives, and at my time of life, I need all the preservatives I can get Mags...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-02-2021, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh dear Bob ... I think I am going a bit mad too
I won't take statins either . I worked really hard getting my 'bad' cholesterol level down only to walk in the Doctors and the first thing he said was 'You should be on statins' to which I replied 'no I shouldn't'.

BBs take my HR right down but I can live with that , I am also luck to have been prescribed Nebivolol as a BB because I have Asthma and not the dreaded Bisoprolol which seems to be 'the go to' BB for most GP in spite of the side effects probably because it is cheaper.

The new medication should stop my progressive and frequent episodes of P-AF which make me too feel so ill for many hours every few days . I can't persuade you to take the vaccination that is your choice but for me having it can't make my quality of life any worse and may free me to take the medication and to escape the self imposed isolation I have been in since last February.
I noticed that one of the ingredients of the vaccine is 'Cholesterol' Meg....
No problem though, it's there for a reason and I wish you the best of luck for Monday....

Page 41 of 164 « First < 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top