Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jeana
Oregon, USA
Jeana is female 

09-11-2014, 10:37 PM

Re: Downton Abbey

We love it here, too! (Oregon, USA) The gals at work will be alerting each other to watch the first new episode, then will be talking about it after each one through the season.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2014, 08:11 PM

Last one of the present series was Sunday, left us totally in suspense, but they have a Christmas special airing around Christmas too.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:18 PM

Oh blow, was away on holiday last Sunday so I've missed the last one. Christmas one to look forward to though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 11:00 AM

It's still on catch up http://www.itv.com/downtonabbey
donnamarie
RI, USA
donnamarie is female 

04-12-2014, 04:17 AM

I find it very interesting from a historical perspective. It is a bit slow moving, but I enjoy the old buildings, the dresses and beads, and the recreation of the era. I can only imagine what a process it must have been to round up the antiques and other items to complete the sets. I think, but I'm not sure, Downton Abby is set about the time my Grandmother was a young lady. So, its not to hard to picture her as one of the characters.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jeana ->
We love it here, too! (Oregon, USA) The gals at work will be alerting each other to watch the first new episode, then will be talking about it after each one through the season.
Originally Posted by donnamarie ->
I find it very interesting from a historical perspective. It is a bit slow moving, but I enjoy the old buildings, the dresses and beads, and the recreation of the era. I can only imagine what a process it must have been to round up the antiques and other items to complete the sets. I think, but I'm not sure, Downton Abby is set about the time my Grandmother was a young lady. So, its not to hard to picture her as one of the characters.
My American friend loves Downton as well, in fact any British costume drama's or detective/cop drama's.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 11:59 PM

What a lovely episode of Downton for Christmas. I do enjoy that programme and its one of the very few programmes I can watch again on repeat.
I had such a lump in my throat at the end, with wots-his-name leaving and taking his little girl with him, then Mr. Bates coming back to Anna for christmas, and Mr.Carson proposing to Mrs.Hughes, aah (sigh), I love happy endings. Brilliant acting all round.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 12:22 AM

I usually love Downton but I was not keen on last night's episode, apart from the last 15 mins when they celebrated Christmas and it all happened within that time. Prior to that I found it all confusing, switching between houses and storylines.

I wonder if Tom will return from America in the next series or has the actor decided to leave the show? I shall miss his character.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I usually love Downton but I was not keen on last night's episode, apart from the last 15 mins when they celebrated Christmas and it all happened within that time. Prior to that I found it all confusing, switching between houses and storylines.

I wonder if Tom will return from America in the next series or has the actor decided to leave the show? I shall miss his character.

Yes, its a shame he's going CC. I thought it seemed as if they had 'left the door open' for him to return sometime in the future, as he wasn't killed off was he.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2014, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, its a shame he's going CC. I thought it seemed as if they had 'left the door open' for him to return sometime in the future, as he wasn't killed off was he.
Yes, that's what I thought. Hope so.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top