Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 09:07 PM

Council wasting money

When my mum moved into her sheltered housing flat, she paid about £4k for a new kitchen, using a man recommended by the scheme manager. After she'd died, the SM said we could try and claim money back from the council under the improvement scheme.

I duly applied, and got a reply saying because the work was of a higher standard than their own, they couldn't give us the full amount but reduced it to somewhere just over £2k. We, her children, were content with that.

This week my brother popped in to the home as they were nearby and was told mum's flat was empty again but guess what? He wouldn't be happy about the kitchen. Before re-letting it after mum, and straight after reimbursing us, they tore out all the newly fitted cupboards, replacing them with piddly little ones! He said the kitchen looked dreadful.

Can you believe that?!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2014, 11:40 PM

Re: Council wasting money

Sadly yes, Public Sector is full too bursting with these prats.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 12:55 AM

Re: Council wasting money

Yes, I can believe it Jazzi .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top