Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 11:41 AM

Your Confidence..... More Now At This Age? Or Less?

Are you more confident now, or less confident than you were when you were younger?
I feel more confident now than at any other time in my my life. I'm not sure if it's because l'm on my own now and have to stick up for myself or that l don't let things bother me too much?
So please tell me..... are you more confident now, or less confident? How does it affect you?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 11:58 AM

Re: Your Confidence..... More Now At This Age? Or Less?

My confidence goes up and down like a yoyo Art ,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 12:04 PM

Definitely more confidence than I had when I was young.

Becoming a widow means if you are slow in coming forward you need to get over it and fast or people will take advantage of you.

My biggest problem has been male workman who seem to view a woman alone as an easy target to be exploited.
I have no hesitation in dissuading them from this misconception.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
My confidence goes up and down like a yoyo Art ,
Why is that? Eliza.
Is it sometimes boosted, then knocked?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Why is that? Eliza.
Is it sometimes boosted, then knocked?
Difficult to put into words Art , but thanks for answering
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Difficult to put into words Art , but thanks for answering
Perhaps it is down to individual circumstances Eliza you may be able to cope with some situations better than other.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

27-11-2016, 12:26 PM

One area in which I have lost confidence in is driving , I used to drive up and down the country without giving it a second thought. Now I think twice about driving farther than a few miles.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 12:39 PM

In many ways I am more confident now,but I do not like `cold callers`(Jehovas are OK they are only trying to sell me God). And yes I now cross the road after dark if I see youths who appear to have kissed the barmaid`s apron.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

27-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Perhaps it is down to individual circumstances Eliza you may be able to cope with some situations better than other.
But doesn't confidence come with Self Esteem , ? I think high self esteem is needed to have the confidence to act and even talk /post in situations ,

Edit to add....People are often described as having either high self-esteem, meaning they think very well of themselves and their abilities, or low self-esteem, meaning they are filled with doubts and criticisms about themselves and their abilities.

Low self esteem is what i get and then lose confidence
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
One area in which I have lost confidence in is driving , I used to drive up and down the country without giving it a second thought. Now I think twice about driving farther than a few miles.
I think most people of " a certain age" realise that their reflexes are not quite as quick as they once were. That coupled with the huge increase in traffic over the years can make driving a little nerve wracking. Fortunately for me I don't have any loss of self confidence..yet.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top