Join for free
Page 281 of 370 « First < 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 07:45 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's fine, Bratti. Same here.
Just enjoy the sunshine
Thanks Floydy.
Great pictures once more.
I’ll catch up to you all later.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 09:01 PM

Good workout Floydy, any stiffness from your run?
Good photos by the way....

I managed to make my way around an easy paced five miles this morning after a hot lemon and a good nights sleep. (Nothing too strenuous Mags...)
There was no way I could get out of a hard days work today after hiring a van to finish moving my daughter and hubby into new premises. They will finally leave their present house next week but all the hard work is done for now.

We are storing all of their possessions until they find a house of their dreams, meantime, they will be staying with his parents while our two bedroom bungalow seems to have got hell of a lot smaller......

Here's me reprising my role as a white van man......or in this case, Silver van man.....

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2019, 10:08 PM

You don't look anything like your 68 years and counting Bob. You could pass for 60 or less anyday. It pays to keep oneself in shape doesn't it?
Well done on the removals, a nightmare event if ever there was one...and a good run this morning too. I don't know where you get your energy from sometimes!

No mate, very little stiffness in my legs today but feeling very supple when I woke this morning. My gym workout has made my legs tired though and I expect I'll ache tomorrow.

I have a meet up with friends tomorrow which is why my next session will take place on Thursday.

Bratti - thanks. Looking forward to a catch up from you soon
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:42 AM

Wednesday 24 April 2019: Chest+Tri’s extra 30mins.

Following two consecutive days of leg exercises – the jogging and a psychotic weights workout yesterday, it tired me out and I slept last night for a solid nine hours. My legs, however, were as stiff but as solid as tree trunks, which is both painful and pleasing at the same time

With a meet up with some pals thisafterlunch for a few drinks I decided on a whim to nip down to the gym for a very quick blast to get my upper body invigorated once again after so long without any specific weights work on it. I haven’t even got my new programme ready yet, so I took a blank sheet of paper and did four quick tension exercises, three sets each plus some resistance pausing of three extra pushes each. A quick half an hour just on tricep/chest exercises and that was just enough to get my ligaments and sinews in adequate form for tomorrow when I’ll do a proper workout.

(All weights in kgs)

Smith press:
15° incline –
12x40 +2, +2, +2

60° incline:
6x40 +1, +1, +1

Flat bench:
8x40 +3, +3, +3

Chest press:
8x60 +4, +3, +2
5x70 +3, +2, +1
4x80 +3, +2

Rope pulldown:
10x35 +5, +3, +1
8x41 +5, +3, +1
6x47 +3, +2, +1

Tricep extensions:
12x40 +6, +4, +2
8x50 +6, +4, +2
6x60 +5, +3, +2

It’s the held extra reps that make the difference, holding the weight at full stretch and sustaining that pressure for a few seconds then doing a couple more. Not easy and it pumps the triceps out like half another arm width by the end. (Un)fortunately I don’t think I’ll ever out of the bodybuilding habit!

Ready for a few drinks now.

Thanks for reading, enjoy your day
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 10:49 AM

Love it Floydy, that's what I call 'Dedication!'...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-04-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Love it Floydy, that's what I call 'Dedication!'...
Thanks Bob. Are you planning a run today or is it a rest day?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 06:49 PM

What a joy it is to check in after entirely too long and see that you all (realspeed aside - do, get better soon ). Such good pictures; Floydy, you and OGF are testaments to the many benefits of fitness. Looking fine and fit, you two!

Haha, OGF! We caught one and realed him in! Floydy is our latest catch!

Just teasing you, Floydy . That was a spectacular effort. I love, love, love hill running, artificial (bridge) or otherwise. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures when you take the car out to try different starting points.

My dearth in posting, other than resulting from being the executrix of my dad's estate, selling one of their properties, taking care of my mom's needs, getting my daughter to and from long-distance appts (well worth it; she's improving! Yay!), and now undertaking putting my beach up for sale - must be sloth .

I feel your aches and pains, OGF, my last two days have been spent moving things out and staging the place to be photograph for the online listing. Please send: masseuse, iced tea with lemon, a manicurist, and eight uninterrupted hours of sleep.

My friend emailed me this morning that I have five out of ten of the major life stressors going on in my life right now and that I must be having a tough go of it. I do? I am? Gee, and here I was feeling fairly good about things...so...

I suppose I'd better get out there and run off all this alleged stress. Five miles ought to do the trick quite nicely - hills included.

Breathe, breathe.....breathe.... .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:09 PM

Noticed a difference this afternoon, chest pain eased a lot. Still get a jolt if I move certain ways
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2019, 07:17 PM

I wish I'd been able to get to the gym, but it was closed from Good Friday to Easter Monday, and on Tuesday and today I have had routine check-ups at hospital. I have another routine check-up tomorrow but I can fit in a gym session in the morning, thank the gods.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-04-2019, 10:35 PM

Suzie, it’s great to hear from you. You lead such a busy, event-filled life It’s through necessity I know and you cope with it all so very well which is a testament to your positive outlook and practical nature. Needs must, as they say and I wish you well in your continued quest to get everything sorted. Get that running in when you can, it’s a great way to offload your mind…

…and yes, I’m your latest catch, as you and Bob have been scheming all along – only fooling – but aye, I’m sure I’ll be getting to grips with this jogging lark very soon though I have no big plans to catch up to you two with your elongated 5,6,7…mile jaunts. Some nice circular trips out at snail’s pace will do me fine and I anticipate to begin all that in early May.
Friday will see me reinstating my cardio sessions at the gym with my first effort on the treadmill (which, indeed I shall be jogging not walking) since the end of December. Before that though, tomorrow’s revised workout for the upper body which is sorely desperately required.

Realspeed, one day at a time is a surefire way to regain your health and fitness bud. You'll be up and about with the rest of us very soon I'm sure. Pleased you feel better today

Tachyon, I'll race you for the first write-up tomorrow then! Looking forward to your report mate

Page 281 of 370 « First < 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top