Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 01:13 PM

First solo flight!!!

Well I went on my first solo flight to join the surgery this morning!! Managed not to get lost and found the co-op on the way home so I got milk and cheese and arrived home rather chuffed lol I do feel a bit of a div seeing ive a clean licence and have been a driver almost 30yrs and im not in the slightest bit scared of the busy roads or amount of traffic and im a good driver but I simply have the most dreadful sense of direction!!! Once I have a route im fine but there's little logic in my navigation hence I always take Tarquin (my sat nag) out with me as hes a terribly helpful chap even though hes a bit random at times.. between us we usually manage something. He replaced Menopausal Margaret who totally lost the plot and would insist on the motorway that I turned right in 80yrds!!! I ignored her suggestions and in the end she had to go to the old sat nags home in the bin as she over heated her brain one day and started smelling of plastic!! plus her constant shouting 'recalculating' got up my nose seeing it was her idea I went that way in the first place
I might try Sainsburys later in the week.. but i'll take Tarquin with me lol
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 01:17 PM

Re: First solo flight!!!

You had me going with the title Cassie with First Flight. I thought you'd gotten your pilot's liscense. Anyway congratulation on your driver's liscense and first solo drive. Don't try rush hour just yet. lol
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Ive been driving years Bob!! It was the first time id had to navigate alone in the new place I live lol Im just terrible at directions! I come from a very rural quiet place on the coast and have moved to a very manic and busy city and it has very complicated roads and if you dont get it right you end up on a ring road in the wrong direction lol Im not bothered about this directly but the consequences of going wrong mean im even more lost than I was originally lol
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 01:27 PM

I'm not much better that's why I keep a GPS unit in my car. If I'm going to a new place I copy the address on a small Post-It and enter the addess in the GPS. It takes me right there.
Cassie
West Wales

11-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Me too Bob we call the gps units Sat navs over here and I call mine Tarquin and he like his predecessor Margaret are known as sat nags in my family lol
bobmielke
Portland, OR

11-07-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Me too Bob we call the gps units Sat navs over here and I call mine Tarquin and he like his predecessor Margaret are known as sat nags in my family lol
LOL I would have never thought of naming my GPS. I guess from now on it's George.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 01:35 PM

Well done Cassie I hate driving anywhere strange these days and tend to look it up on Google map/satellite so I have some idea of what the place looks like .
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 01:39 PM

A very funny post Cassie. It's not just you, I am terrified of getting lost too. I work it all out on paper, landmarks etc and if there is just one missing on my route or something else not expected it completely throws me. There's an old thread here somewhere where I mentioned that because of road blocks on my journey home I couldn't work out the new directions so parked up the car, got out and left it there! Not just driving either, can't find my way out of a shop sometimes.
For a moment I thought you'd got Reggie flying about!
Cassie
West Wales

11-07-2011, 01:45 PM

Lol no not yet! Reg and Omelette are still in moult so they dont fly till their finished.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 02:19 PM

I,too, thought you had got your pilot's licence and you were up, up and away in the clouds!

Congrats on not getting lost on your first outing!

Just out of curiosity, did you not have a good look around the village/town first, before moved in?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top