Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 09:59 PM

Re: Vitamin Supplements

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I also had osteoporosis in 2003 and had a parathyroidectomy. Blood tests showed an exceedingly high level of calcium. I was also put on calichew.......and sadly given bisphosphonates to which I had a very bad reaction. Fortunately, my last bone scan a few years ago showed my osteoporosis was cured. I believe a healthy diet and exercise really contributed to that.
Well you're very lucky Lindyloo!
Swannie148
Sydney, Australia
Swannie148 is male 

09-06-2020, 06:22 AM

I take supplements as part of my health regime.. not for any specific problem. I take a multi vit daily, vit D, a Probiotic and three tabs for prostate health. Forgot.. have also started taking grape seed extract which is supposed to be very health beneficial.
DelBoy
DelBoy is male 

09-06-2020, 09:01 AM

I take Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Zinc, I've had broken bones and sprains so i take them as a precaution and for peace of mind.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2020, 10:31 AM

I take a multiple, B100’ Complex, D3, Krill Oil, and silica for my hair and nails.
My doctor is very supportive of my decision to include supplements and when and if I don’t take them I CAN feel my health go down. The supplements help keep my immunity up to fight off colds and infection too. With this virus thing happening I feel good about keeping my immunity up. It’s extra protection
And a probiotic as well as digestive enzymes
Mercedes_00
New Member!
Australia
Mercedes_00 is female 

21-12-2020, 10:49 AM

As far as I'm concerned real vitamins are in foods you consume.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mercedes_00 ->
That's what I thought until I developed pains in my legs and the base of my spine and found I progressively had difficult walking/climbing stairs/getting out of a chair.
I attribute this to 'age' and possible arthritis so went for a blood test and was found to be severely deficient in Vitamin D3 .

After being prescribed a supplement by my Doctor my mobility gradually improved and after about 5 months I was back to normal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's what I thought until I developed pains in my legs and the base of my spine and found I progressively had difficult walking/climbing stairs/getting out of a chair.
I attribute this to 'age' and possible arthritis so went for a blood test and was found to be severely deficient in Vitamin D3 .

After being prescribed a supplement by my Doctor my mobility gradually improved and after about 5 months I was back to normal.

That's interesting Meg, because I am getting the same symproms as you described. I will have to look into this.
Thank you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mercedes_00 ->
The trouble is, that with modern methods of food preserving and processing, some of the natural vitamins are lost...
And also, ageing bodies are not as efficient at extracting those vitamins and nutrients..
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The trouble is, that with modern methods of food preserving and processing, some of the natural vitamins are lost...
And also, ageing bodies are not as efficient at extracting those vitamins and nutrients..
There can also be an issue with the absorption of vitamins. A member of my family had good proportion of his intestine removed due to intestinal blockage and the remaining intestine may not absorb as well as it should.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
There can also be an issue with the absorption of vitamins. A member of my family had good proportion of his intestine removed due to intestinal blockage and the remaining intestine may not absorb as well as it should.
Yes that's true Lindy, Mrs Fox had some of her bowel removed just before the covid scare became apparent. She was in so much pain before the operation so I'm glad she managed to get it done so quickly. The problem she has now is, when she needs to go......She HAS to go.... But she's not in pain anymore and didn't have to wear a 'stoma' bag. Something she was worried about before the procedure.
Happy Christmas by the way Lindy....

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top