Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:20 AM

Things are going well!!!

I must say brexit is going much better than l anticipated after
the theresa May debacle?
Every day brings no deal closer!
This is now the best outcome for uk!
Any deal is bound to involve some loss to uk!
All we need to do now is keep a tight leash on Boris and dont let
him go off into a private room alone with Barnier and we are there!

Donkeyman! 😁👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 11:28 AM

Re: Things are going well!!!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
the theresa May debacle?

Donkeyman! 😁👍

I think David Frost is doing a brilliant job.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I agree , a first class chap!!
Donkeyman! 👍😂👍
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
the theresa May debacle?

Donkeyman! 😁👍
I fully agree donks. Any deal you close will be inferior to what you have at present (in the past as a full member, and now during the transition period where you are treated as a normal member). The british people would always feel that the EU had cheated them with such a deal.

Much better to experience the circumstances of no deal, and then after a while close a deal with the EU that will improve on the situation you are in then. It will teach the UK its new place in the then hiarchy of countries.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 01:59 PM

About time we had a negotiator batting for our side thank goodness Olly Robbins has gone....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
About time we had a negotiator batting for our side thank goodness Olly Robbins has gone....
And the innings are for:
Downing Street fears that*Michel Barnier*has lost his grip*on the fishing negotiations, throwing doubt over Boris Johnson’s hopes of a summer of swift and definitive progress towards a trade and security deal with the EU.

The bloc’s chief negotiator had been expected to present a compromise proposal on access to British waters during the talks last week but was blocked at the last minute by member states with large fishing communities.

British sources said an unexpected decision by fisheries ministers at a meeting with Barnier to reject a move away from their hardline position had “skewed things late in the process”, preventing a middle ground being found.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 02:28 PM

Absolutely, Meg
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-06-2020, 02:42 PM

Absolutely, Meg
This is your field of expertise? You agree with the article?
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52959639
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2020, 02:50 PM

Absolutely 100% right on That very slippery Oily Robbins got a very lucrative job with Goldman Sachs when he resigned (or was he "pushed into resigning"?) from the Civil Service.

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And the innings are for:
Downing Street fears that*Michel Barnier*has lost his grip*on the fishing negotiations, throwing doubt over Boris Johnson’s hopes of a summer of swift and definitive progress towards a trade and security deal with the EU.

The bloc’s chief negotiator had been expected to present a compromise proposal on access to British waters during the talks last week but was blocked at the last minute by member states with large fishing communities.

British sources said an unexpected decision by fisheries ministers at a meeting with Barnier to reject a move away from their hardline position had “skewed things late in the process”, preventing a middle ground being found.
How can we trust anything you say when you have lied so often in the past? A link wouldn't go a miss.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

08-06-2020, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Absolutely 100% right on That very slippery Oily Robbins got a very lucrative job with Goldman Sachs when he resigned (or was he "pushed into resigning"?) from the Civil Service.

How can we trust anything you say when you have lied so often in the past? A link wouldn't go a miss.
If for you a statement you don't agree with constitutes a lie, I pity you little man. Your agreeing or not doesn't diminish the truth of my statements however.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top