Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Breaking - Boris Shutsdown Parliament ..

Anyone see Suck it up Soubry this morning on the news?
After hearing the news about Boris's intent, she looked like a demented fishwife! wonderful to see.

I still cannot believe these deluded, still inflamed by hysterical disappointment Remainers, continue to go against the Government, the will of the people and Brexit.

Do these Remainer Cretins actually believe that we don't know what their game is? Every single one of them believes that the people are so gullible when they announce they are acting in the name of democracy when taking these actions in order to stop No-Deal.
We all know only too well that the aim of these Cretins is to stop Brexit itself. No excuses. 17.4 million voters know this, as do probably hundreds of thousands more after watching them do their utmost to thwart Brexit. The pathetic attempt to convince us that they have the national interest of the country at heart, is laughable, if it wasn't so serious.

Nigel has vowed to join forces with Boris if there is a no deal. Watch the cockroaches get scattered to the winds if he does, because together, they will be unstoppable.

I cannot wait for the General Election after 31st October, it will be the last time we have to see every one of those ugly Remainer faces on our screens The people will once again, have their say on what we think of their vile actions to defy democracy of the people.

It will be the fight of the century next week. It will probably continue right up to the bewitching hour.

Go Boris! Go Nigel!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:01 PM

Boris is merely using the executive powers that are available to him.

All of the previous Parliamentary motions & tricks only succeeded because May allowed them to succeed.

If Boris had been PM from 2016, we'd have been out of the EU on the 31st March this year.

The arrogance of the Remain lobby, who say that denying the will of the majority in the 2016 referendum is not undemocratic, is beyond staggeringly breathtaking.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Anyone see Suck it up Soubry this morning on the news?
After hearing the news about Boris's intent, she looked like a demented fishwife! wonderful to see.

I still cannot believe these deluded, still inflamed by hysterical disappointment Remainers, continue to go against the Government, the will of the people and Brexit.

Do these Remainer Cretins actually believe that we don't know what their game is? Every single one of them believes that the people are so gullible when they announce they are acting in the name of democracy when taking these actions in order to stop No-Deal.
We all know only too well that the aim of these Cretins is to stop Brexit itself. No excuses. 17.4 million voters know this, as do probably hundreds of thousands more after watching them do their utmost to thwart Brexit. The pathetic attempt to convince us that they have the national interest of the country at heart, is laughable, if it wasn't so serious.

Nigel has vowed to join forces with Boris if there is a no deal. Watch the cockroaches get scattered to the winds if he does, because together, they will be unstoppable.

I cannot wait for the General Election after 31st October, it will be the last time we have to see every one of those ugly Remainer faces on our screens The people will once again, have their say on what we think of their vile actions to defy democracy of the people.

It will be the fight of the century next week. It will probably continue right up to the bewitching hour.

Go Boris! Go Nigel!

This would be a really smart move by Boris. The 29 MEPs from the Brexit Party would make a lot of noise in Brussels that's for sure.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:09 PM

At last the dirty tricks of the last 3yrs by remainers have
been matched by the leave camp, who never forget are
the PROVEN majority of a referendum called by a weak
minded parliament that did not have the wherewithall to
make the decision as they were required to do by our
constitution!
I applaud Boris on playing what could be the masterstroke
in the tug of war between parliament and the people!
In one stroke he has potentially nullified not only the
undemocratic POSHOC, but BERCOW et al?
It is a pity imo that he is a tory but he gets my vote untill
we see what changes he can get to the WA?
Nigel for backstop!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Question for you, Meg.

Does the shut down of parliament also mean its extremely difficult for the withdrawal bill to be voted on again in parliament? I think it does but I'm interested in your thoughts .... ?
Hi Bread as I see it this is really a lot of fuss over very little . As we know it is usually to suspend Parliament in order for a 'new Government ' to put forward its chosen manifesto in a Queens speech ....

Originally Posted by Boris Johnson
“We've got to be bringing forward new and important bills, and that's why we are going to have a Queen's Speech. There’ll be ample time on both sides of that crucial Oct 17th summit; ample time in Parliament for MPs to debate Brexit”
Ok technically we haven't had an election and a 'new Government ' but in effect we have because Johnson has his own manifesto to pledge in a Queens Speech

Only 4 sitting days are to be lost after the conference season with this action, in answer to your question I think there is still time to get the withdrawal bill through if there are agreed changes with the EU but it will be more difficult for Remain supporters to take over the business of Parliament in order to prevent a 'no deal'.

It is a risky strategy in some ways but as they say'desperate times call for desperate measures' and we just have to get this stalemate sorted and move on.

ETA Steve Baker (MP) says only 3 sitting days will be lost..
8/9/10 October.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Bread as I see it this is really a lot of fuss over very little . As we know it is usually to suspend Parliament in order for a 'new Government ' to put forward its chosen manifesto in a Queens speech ....

Ok technically we haven't had an election and a 'new Government ' but in effect we have because Johnson has his own manifesto to pledge in a Queens Speech

Only 4 sitting days are to be lost before the conference season with this action, in answer to your question I think there is still time to get the withdrawal bill through if there are agreed changes with the EU but it will be more difficult for Remain supporters to take over the business of Parliament in order to prevent a 'no deal'.

It is a risky strategy in some ways but as they say'desperate times call for desperate measures' and we just have to get this stalemate sorted and move on.
Yes , thanks for the clarification
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:24 PM

To put things in perspective ...

There has been a prorogation of Parliament pretty much every year before a Queen’s/King’s Speech since time immemorial. But for some reason the media have never reported any previous prorogation as a “shutdown” or “suspension” of Parliament.
Jonathan Isaby
..the media like to make a song and dance of these things .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yes , thanks for the clarification
Bread that is just my interpretation I do not claim to be an expert on Political procedure.

What it really boils down to is there are 4 sitting days less for Remain supporting MPs to make mischief ...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:31 PM

Soubry has raised her head again!
She appears to have lost some weight, in fact she looks as
if she has been using food banks since she started her
new party!
Perhaps she can smell an opportunity for herself?

Regards Donkeyman!
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote from AS -

"Email your MP now & demand Parliament sits"

What on earth makes her think our MPs take any notice of the electorate? !!!

She has a short memory.

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top