Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 10:11 AM

No 2nd Wave as European Schools Re-Open

Just read this on Zero Hedge this morning. It's encouraging to read that after a few weeks of schools reopening in Denmark, Austria, Germany, there has been no significant increase in the infection rate.

Militant parents, be aware !

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/eur...ond-covid-wave
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:17 AM

Re: No 2nd Wave as European Schools Re-Open

Those countries have the virus well under control. We don't. I don't see the point in kids going back for a month. Do you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Those countries have the virus well under control. We don't. I don't see the point in kids going back for a month. Do you?
I do. They are the least likely to be infected with any serious consequences. They are more likely to have worse mental health problems if this goes on much longer.

Key workers don't have a problem sending their kids to school its only militant parents and unionists that have a problem with it. There again, teachers unions never have the kids interests as a priority anyway
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I do. They are the least likely to be infected with any serious consequences. They are more likely to have worse mental health problems if this goes on much longer.

Key workers don't have a problem sending their kids to school its only militant parents and unionists that have a problem with it. There again, teachers unions never have the kids interests as a priority anyway

True the kids might not get this virus as bad, but perhaps parents are concerned about them bringing it home with them to older family members?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
True the kids might not get this virus as bad, but perhaps parents are concerned about them bringing it home with them to older family members?
Both good points .....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 11:55 AM

Older family members are supposed to be social distancing anyway.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

The schools aren't ready with setting up safe facilities and unions are telling teachers not to go ahead. It's a shambles.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 12:55 PM

The schools aren't ready with setting up safe facilities and unions are telling teachers not to go ahead. It's a shambles.
It isn't a shambles at all. My 10 year old is in school now and has been going there ever since this started as Mrs Bread is a key worker for the NHS.

I can't remember how many times I've posted about other countries dodgy reporting, and as luck would have it here is a report on Guido saying pretty much the same thing. The government has already published the statistics on risks according to age, ethnic background etc. I suggest you might want to read them.

https://order-order.com/2020/06/04/n...ishes-honesty/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 01:48 PM

My grandchildren are not at school
I think it’s bad for them but their mother my DIL had severe underlying health problems and so they don’t want to take the risk of them bringing the virus home.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-06-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Not me, mate - you have to "bang on about" something to have "an axe to grind" .....

I've never banged on about a blogger in my life - they have no significance for me whatsoever .....
You seem bothered by them today for some reason. Is it because you can't agree with them or that you don't agree with them ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top