Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 07:03 PM

Healthy Living!

Healthy living and the best diet in the world as some folk believe, is no match for Corona Virus
However I do think fresh Chicken soup even made with an Old Boiling Fowl...[Not Me], is a cure for a cold.

Jewish people swear by it and make the best Chicken Soup

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 07:39 PM

Re: Healthy Living!

Had a leg of lamb today for lunch as it was Easter .
The beauty of it is that we can eat it cold for the next couple of days
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2020, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Had a leg of lamb today for lunch as it was Easter .
The beauty of it is that we can eat it cold for the next couple of days
Lovely, Muddy
It is very good cold as well.

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 12:07 PM

Its called Jewish Chicken Penicilian Azure, I make it a lot in the Winter months, my M.I.L. used to be the Jewish School Cook In Stokenewington, London, although she was English, she had been a School cook all her life and she lived in the Jewish part of London, and the Jews Headmaster asked if she would like to work with them and that she needed to do one year at College to learn how to do Jewish Cooking and learn about their Traditions, she jumped at the chance and never looked back, they treated her really well.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 04:26 PM

The whole world swears by hot chicken soup as something to feed the sick. The bones and cartilage are rich in vitamins and nutrients. Plus, the carcase is cheap.

I've always imagined the name "Jewish Penicillin" to be a bit of a put-down.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 05:20 PM

I always use the leftovers to make chicken soup . I never meet anyone else who bothers to do it . I make Turkey soup on boxing day using all the left over Turkey and carcass the grandchildren love it .

My mum used to boil bones for stock when we were kids it was the base for stews and soups .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2020, 05:48 PM

I do, Susan!

Two things always to be found in my freezer - homemade stock and homemade, Jewish recipe, Chicken Soup! Never without them.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 08:57 AM

I can't understand people buying Turkey Crowns at Christmas and not a whole Turkey as all the best bits are in the Carcus and Bones.
dav92g
New Member!
USA
dav92g is male 

15-02-2021, 08:45 AM

I know that the quarantine forced many people to reconsider their lifestyle. So, many people started exercising at home, even though they didn't have time before. Reading it now, I want to try chicken noodle soup.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 08:58 AM

Many years ago I would also boil the carcass of a chicken or turkey and use it as stock for soup. Having learned a bit more about how these animals are reared and produced for the market, I now only make vegetable soup. My meat intake is drastically reduced and mostly local meat and/or organic. A soup made from seasonal vegetables is my choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top