Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 07:51 AM

Re: Does anyone eat much Red Meat These Days!

Hi

Dry cured is the way to go.

I buy my bacon, dry cured, in off cuts.

They do not meet supermarket standards as they are the beginning and end of the Loin

Not standard size for packaging, I pay £1.20 a kilo for it.

Shop smart, do not rely on the Supermarkets.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:43 AM

For those that don’t like red meat... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-suggests.html
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:51 AM

My husband! Half the food he eats is meat. He usually has some form of potato with his meat but we couldn’t be more polar opposite in our diets. I’m not a big meat eater yet am not vegetarian either
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
My husband! Half the food he eats is meat. He usually has some form of potato with his meat but we couldn’t be more polar opposite in our diets. I’m not a big meat eater yet am not vegetarian either

Ms d00d & I have a steak (one to share) about once a month. have fish twice a week, my homemade veg curry, pork & chicken.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Supermarket suppliers are all guilty of doing that to bacon and sausages especially. In fact, some suppliers add so much water they have to add an emulsifier* too to keep the water in the meat. A disgraceful way of keeping the costs down and profits up.

* Effectively a type of soap. This is the stuff that turns white in the frying pan.
I always wondered what that muck was.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 12:31 PM

I am so lucky in having a 'proper' family owned butcher shop nearby. He only stocks locally sourced produce; dry cures his own bacon and has won prizes for his own make of sausages. All his meat is delicious.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 03:24 PM

ST, yes, it's nice to know where the meat one eats, is sourced from. The quality and taste between meat from the local butcher and the supermarkets is unbelievable. I know it costs a lot more but well worth it. As long as we are able to afford it, I will always buy from my local butcher, I even get it delivered free of charge! That is quality and service personified!
Button
NW England
Button is female  Button has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 05:40 PM

I find that I am eating more vegetarian meals just lately but I do still eat some red meat. I treat myself to a piece of fillet steak about once a month from Aldi and also buy their cod loin and free range chicken.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top