Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 11:49 AM

Re: Another Dutch Warning Shot to Rutte

Originally Posted by digitalham ->
No. A lot of the former colonies were simply given independence although in truth could probably not have been held considering the parlous state we were in after liberating the subjugated countries of Western Europe.

I did look up just how you lot lost yours. Google tells me...

In the 18th century, the Dutch colonial empire began to decline as a result of the Fourth Anglo-Dutch War of 1780–1784, in which the Netherlands lost a number of its colonial possessions and trade monopolies to the British Empire and the conquest of the wealthy Mughal Bengal at the Battle of Plassey.
The netherlands gave independence to their last colony in 1975, where I was born. My parents left there in '64, and already trouble was brewing at that time. There was a military coup, but a few years ago there were elections, although the military still hold all the cards.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Re: Another Dutch Warning Shot to Rutte

Originally Posted by Bread ->
When the EU get's its little army, it too can be it's very own Empire with The Netherlands as one of Germany's occupied colonies.

sounds all too familiar if you ask me
Seems the EU just colonized a part of the UK? https://www.theguardian.com/business...n-restrictions

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top