Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 06:58 PM

Re: Boris To Reward Traitors!

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Nigel Farage has proved better than anyone else that lack of electoral triumph does not mean political failure. Public debate is his forte, forcing parties to engage, pressured government into holding a referendum it did not want to achieve a result no one thought possible, and forcing both of Britain’s main parties to reshape their policies on immigration and the EU.
I completely agree.

Despite never having had any experience as an MP, he is the best political speaker we have bar none. He has demonstrated that both in the EU parliament and on countless TV programmes and interviews.

You would think that a country that wants to progress and improve might want to take full advantage of his abilities, yet he has never managed to become elected to parliament.

I'm afraid that the blame for that lies not only with the government and the system, but also with us the electorate!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Emerged as one of the most influential British politician.
I get the distinct impression that OF doesn't like Nigel, for some reason.
I wonder why.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree.

Despite never having had any experience as an MP, he is the best political speaker we have bar none. He has demonstrated that both in the EU parliament and on countless TV programmes and interviews.

You would think that a country that wants to progress and improve might want to take full advantage of his abilities, yet he has never managed to become elected to parliament.

I'm afraid that the blame for that lies not only with the government and the system, but also with us the electorate!
I must disagree with the last part of your post JBR !!
Thousands of Brexit supporters were poised to vote for Nigel in the
last election, but lm afraid he threw our votes away by standing
more than half his candidates down at the last minute leaving us
with no vote ,or vote for Boris??
I am not fully convinced by his reasons for doing this??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Is Hammond still an MP?
Don't think so, I think he had the whip removed before the 2019 election.

By Phil ... enjoy the hanging with the rest of yesterday's men in the HoL.

If it went to the public vote on getting rid of the HoL with Hammond, Clark et al there... I think we know what would happen

Maybe that's the plan, who knows. Fingers crossed.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Don't think so, I think he had the whip removed before the 2019 election.

By Phil ... enjoy the hanging with the rest of yesterday's men in the HoL.

If it went to the public vote on getting rid of the HoL with Hammond, Clark et al there... I think we know what would happen

Maybe that's the plan, who knows. Fingers crossed.
Who's plan Bread??
BTW, did nyou have a nice holiday?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-07-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I must disagree with the last part of your post JBR !!
Thousands of Brexit supporters were poised to vote for Nigel in the
last election, but lm afraid he threw our votes away by standing
more than half his candidates down at the last minute leaving us
with no vote ,or vote for Boris??
I am not fully convinced by his reasons for doing this??
Oh, I know the reason.

Boris explained to Nigel that the danger of him standing was the likelihood of him splitting the pro-Brexit vote.

That would have resulted in Compo becoming our next PM!

I'm afraid that I have to agree with that decision.

However, now that the Loony Party is heading toward the level of support now enjoyed by the Limp Dems, things might be different.

If things go the way I hope, by the time the next GE comes along the Conservatives will have taken even more votes from the Loonies, who will hopefully be heading toward non-existence.

That means that we'd need a proper opposition.

My ideal parliament would look like two pretty equally numbered parties: the Conservatives and the new Reform Party.
Hopefully, two parties who would be inclined to support what the majority of the electorate want.

If the one in government was to continue to push for HS2 or to reward 'traitors', for example(!), they'd risk the other party taking control.
The people at last would have the control we deserve.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 08:20 PM

God bless Nigel I say . he is the best !
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 08:40 PM

I reckon in another 10 years at least 50% of this forum will be in the House of Lords at the current rate they are being appointed, Lord Vlad of Vladshire has a certain ring
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

18-07-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I reckon in another 10 years at least 50% of this forum will be in the House of Lords at the current rate they are being appointed, Lord Vlad of Vladshire has a certain ring
How old are you now Vlad, if its not being too nosy??

Donkeyman !😇😇
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-07-2020, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Well, it's a thought, but would I have to move down to Londonistan?

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top