Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 07:58 PM

Re: Who's Afraid of Chlorinated Chicken ?

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
If you are right, and being honest, your government should know about this. It would quench any criticism by opponents of your government.
You don't mind if I use my contacts to point to your posts? I'm sure your privacy will be respected and protected.

Do what you like they can get educated too
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:11 PM

It's not the chlorine I'm afraid of. It is easily washed away. It it the reason the americans use it. During slaughtering they are so careless the chick's intestines are slashed and the contents with all the bacteria infest the meat. Those bacteria have to be killed off because they cause harm like most germs do. The americans use chlorine for that, but it is not 100% effective. And one germ can make you sick, like corona virus has proven.
Food poisoning is bacterial and Covid19 is viral. The Covid virus would be destroyed instantly by stomach acids if ingested....Just saying.....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Food poisoning is bacterial and Covid19 is viral. The Covid virus would be destroyed instantly by stomach acids if ingested....Just saying.....
And the HIV virus can enter via mouth and other means and infect you. Your large intestine is full of E. coli, and causes no harm, on the contrary, it helps to digest. Swallow it and you get seriously ill.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:26 PM

Hi

Opinions differ on Chlorine Treatment, food poisoning cases are higher in the USA than here in the UK.

Food production methods are very different in the USA to those here in the UK.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Opinions differ on Chlorine Treatment, food poisoning cases are higher in the USA than here in the UK.

Food production methods are very different in the USA to those here in the UK.
But who sets the standards? Westminster or the devolved governments?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:42 PM

But who sets the standards? Westminster or the devolved governments?
Hi

Westminster.

Food Standards are not devolved.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:43 PM

Whatever the rights and wrongs of chlorine, fluoride and the rest _ I will not wittingly be buying any american food stuff. Prefer local produce.

For the record - the current FSA and NHS guidelines are not to wash meat/poultry before cooking.

https://www.food.gov.uk/safety-hygiene/campylobacter

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-wel...h-raw-chicken/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Whatever the rights and wrongs of chlorine, fluoride and the rest _ I will not wittingly be buying any american food stuff. Prefer local produce.

For the record - the current FSA and NHS guidelines are not to wash meat/poultry before cooking.

https://www.food.gov.uk/safety-hygiene/campylobacter

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-wel...h-raw-chicken/

Chlorine washing is before packaging and is very different yo washing with tap water.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 09:14 PM

And the HIV virus can enter via mouth and other means and infect you. Your large intestine is full of E. coli, and causes no harm, on the contrary, it helps to digest. Swallow it and you get seriously ill.
Any links to this Solasch? I've never seen any evidence to suggest HIV can infect a person by ingestion. It's primarily a blood infection.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-07-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Any links to this Solasch? I've never seen any evidence to suggest HIV can infect a person by ingestion. It's primarily a blood infection.
Hi

You can be infected by oral sex.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top