Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:30 AM

Re: what's your favourite tipple, and has it changed over the years

I don’t really drink any more but when I did I like Amaretto Sours. That’s almond liquor with lime juice, crushed ice and triple sec. It’s super tasty and really adds a glow.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 01:38 AM

Not a big drinker at all, and never was. I am what you call in the states "a cheap date". Two drinks in four hours, and I'm a happy clam.

I do enjoy some beers, Corona Extra my favorite, white Russians, chambord and ginger, and moscato wine when I am with gal friends. One special drink I love is a "pineapple purple passion pecker" but I get too embarrassed to order it at the bar, for obvious reasons.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:03 AM

there's only two days you should have alcohol
1...when it's your birthday
2...when it's not...
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

23-07-2020, 03:40 PM

I have never been inebriated in my life. I used to drink a glass of wine or a single malt whisky very sparingly a few times a week. These days I don't drink at all, apart from on Christmas Day when I have one small glass of wine with my Christmas dinner.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
when I was just 18 it was a half lager and lime...couldn't afford anything else, later on ..brandy and babycham....I still enjoy a brandy with lemonade .... or vodka....but I never could stand the smell of whisky, and hate the taaste....
Snap Paula, half lager with two shots of lime was my usual ''cant afford anything else'' when I was a teenager. Brandy and Babycham when I was offered a drink or flush with money. The worse fad I had (and the worse time for throwing up when celebrating with the girls was the dreaded RUM AND BLACK.
Urgh! Still cringe when I think of that sweet sickly drink.
Nowadays it's a glass of good quality Ros'e and one glass of Gin & Tonic with Ice & a Slice on a Saturday evening.
(It's one way of remembering what day it is since retiring!)
That's my excuse anyway.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:25 PM

My bete noir was on my 21st birthday.
As is quite normal with young lads, my mates agreed to put together to get me drunk.
I seem to remember the usual beers, but the one which I remember distinctly, right at the end, was a pint glass filled with some sort of pale yellow liquid with a couple of cherries swimming about in it. I'm sure I'd declared a taste for Pernod before, so it's quite possible that some of that featured in it.
I must have passed out after that.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2020, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I don’t really drink any more but when I did I like Amaretto Sours. That’s almond liquor with lime juice, crushed ice and triple sec. It’s super tasty and really adds a glow.
OOhh! yes please Bratti.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2020, 10:16 PM

Time was when I would drink anything and, in all likelihood, in large quantities. That ended with my daughter's birth and the ensuing three month colic 34 four years ago - sleepless nights, early shifts and hangovers didn't mix so something had to give.
I am now much more discerning and sensible. We are blessed where I live to have a lot of small breweries that all produce excellent cask ales. So they are a favourite, as are decent whiskies and single malts - Mrs Devo cannot stand them so I manage to always have at least one at hand.
One big change is brandy which has changed in my estimation from nauseating to very enjoyable, especially on a cold winter's day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I like Amaretto and I like lime juice but would never have dreamt of mixing those together.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 12:25 AM

I'm in the process of trying to go teetotal for health reasons, but lockdown has been a challenge. I love a nice chilled white wine, Gavi, Voigner, Pecorino. Although there was a lengthy Malbec phase a couple of years ago. Then there's the charms of blush rose. I can make them all evaporate! It's like magic only more out of focus....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top