Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:13 PM

Re: Ending EU Farming Restrictions Could Tackle Obesity

Originally Posted by Bread ->
She answers questions too.
Yes, to my surprise her answers are very similar to charles grant's.https://www.theguardian.com/world/co...rade-agreement
There must be hope for the UK!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 11:35 PM

*** Cut out the bickering please
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:20 AM

Hi

The one thing she is not is a Scientist.

A pile of false statements posted as facts.

Cattle eat Grass, that is natural

https://www.farmsanctuary.org/learn/...farming/dairy/

They are fed antibiotics and growth hormones.

Antibiotics are important, in the UK only 30% of Human Antibiotics are licensed for use on farm animals, and under strict conditions.

In the USA 70% are given freely.

I voted Leave to go our own way, I have no intention at all of swapping Merkel for Trump.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The one thing she is not is a Scientist.

A pile of false statements posted as facts.

Cattle eat Grass, that is natural

https://www.farmsanctuary.org/learn/...farming/dairy/

They are fed antibiotics and growth hormones.

Antibiotics are important, in the UK only 30% of Human Antibiotics are licensed for use on farm animals, and under strict conditions.

In the USA 70% are given freely.

I voted Leave to go our own way, I have no intention at all of swapping Merkel for Trump.

Have you read the FDA regulations on growth hormones in meat products and residual amounts, their limits etc ?

It doesn't look like it to me.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:36 PM

Have you read the FDA regulations on growth hormones in meat products and residual amounts, their limits etc ?

It doesn't look like it to me.
I don't think you have. Hormone-treated beef, s permitted in the usa, but but the EU refuses to import it. The World Trade Organisation has accepted the EU’s refusal to import hormone-reared beef.

At least one of the hormones routinely used in US beef production has been judged to be a significant cancer risk by the EU. For the other five hormones used in the US, the available evidence is insufficient to show that their use is acceptably safe. While the EU had the power and resources to enforce its decision to reject hormone-treated beef, it is doubtful whether the UK, acting alone, will have similar leverage.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I don't think you have. Hormone-treated beef, s permitted in the usa, but but the EU refuses to import it. The World Trade Organisation has accepted the EU’s refusal to import hormone-reared beef.

At least one of the hormones routinely used in US beef production has been judged to be a significant cancer risk by the EU. For the other five hormones used in the US, the available evidence is insufficient to show that their use is acceptably safe. While the EU had the power and resources to enforce its decision to reject hormone-treated beef, it is doubtful whether the UK, acting alone, will have similar leverage.

I deal with the FDA regs on a daily basis, Solasch, I have to as a compliance consultant for the Pharma Industry. Do you think the FDA has no idea about food safety or something ?

You need to get educate.

I also read the food and beverage regs from time to time just to keep me up to date with trade and stuff like that.

You do realise that hormones in cattle is virtually undetectable, certainly less than what you find in eggs by the time its processed ?

The EU make up these stories all the time because they want to protect their over priced internal processed crap from Germany, Denmark and France and instead peddle it within the EU to stop them going bankrupt and to make sure poor people can't afford it.

It's just more EU propaganda Solasch, and you fall for it every time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-07-2020, 04:12 PM

I deal with the FDA regs on a daily basis, Solasch, I have to as a compliance consultant for the Pharma Industry. Do you think the FDA has no idea about food safety or something ?

You need to get educate.

I also read the food and beverage regs from time to time just to keep me up to date with trade and stuff like that.

You do realise that hormones in cattle is virtually undetectable, certainly less than what you find in eggs by the time its processed ?

The EU make up these stories all the time because they want to protect their over priced internal processed crap from Germany, Denmark and France and instead peddle it within the EU to stop them going bankrupt and to make sure poor people can't afford it.

It's just more EU propaganda Solasch, and you fall for it every time.
I am a medical biologist myself bread. This is what I am about.
Yes, of course there is much hyped on this subject, but there are also real concerns about. Putting it aside as propadanda is a careless disregard of the abundance of hard scientific facts. It takes more than a salesman to make such (dis)qualifications.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-07-2020, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I am a medical biologist myself bread. This is what I am about.
Yes, of course there is much hyped on this subject, but there are also real concerns about. Putting it aside as propadanda is a careless disregard of the abundance of hard scientific facts. It takes more than a salesman to make such (dis)qualifications.

Where are these facts then?

I personally trust the FDA on food safety ... why don't you ?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 04:17 PM

Where are these facts then?

I personally trust the FDA on food safety ... why don't you ?
I'd like to see them too, please Solasch. Just how much hormone-treated meat do I have to eat in one sitting to run the risk of being affected by the hormone?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-07-2020, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I'd like to see them too, please Solasch. Just how much hormone-treated meat do I have to eat in one sitting to run the risk of being affected by the hormone?

Didn't the USA win their dispute and can now import 1 million tonnes of beef into the EU ?

I remember hearing something about this last year ?

Also I think Spain is still using Roundup thats banned in agriculture in the EU. Don't buy anything from there... you could get cancer

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top