Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 01:04 AM

did you see the moon tonight?

So clear was the sky it was worth having a go at photographing it

Nikon D810 and Nikon afs 80-400mm lens
low the photo right up and look at the craters in the 1'oclock position.

Just one of many photos I took, not had a chance to look at all of them yet
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 05:55 AM

Re: did you see the moon tonight?

A lovely waning Gibbous - looks like something has nibbled the edges, realspeed, do they Moths up there?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 08:56 AM

I love the moon .

It's a known fact that people are affected by the full moon even our local police force who post on Facebook each day tell us that on the evening of a full moon there are more arrests ! People become loony apparently.

Good picture
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:14 AM

Good picture RS..
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:24 AM

It has been scientifically proved that the moon does affect some people - hence the word lunatic. My dad often became depressed when the moon was full. I go the other way - it can make me high!

Someone who worked for me had OCD which became worse on a full moon - I used to adjust her work load accordingly.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It has been scientifically proved that the moon does affect some people - hence the word lunatic. My dad often became depressed when the moon was full. I go the other way - it can make me high!

Someone who worked for me had OCD which became worse on a full moon - I used to adjust her work load accordingly.

Yes, I have heard this many times, but never understood how the moon can do this, strange isn't it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
A lovely waning Gibbous - looks like something has nibbled the edges, realspeed, do they have Moths up there?
No, just mice Tabby....

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I love the moon .

It's a known fact that people are affected by the full moon even our local police force who post on Facebook each day tell us that on the evening of a full moon there are more arrests ! People become loony apparently.

Good picture
That's a 'Howler' Susan.....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 12:16 PM

The moon looks older than Earth.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I love the moon .

Good picture
Because the cops can see the perps better under moonlight?

Nice photo RS, too cloudy up here for the most part to take lunar pictures. Can't even see the occasional Blood Moon either.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 12:38 PM

Yes yet another great picture Realspeed.
What’s up with you lot, don’t you know it’s made of cheese.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top