Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 05:10 PM

Re: Close-ups

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Mine has stopped snapping. Just as I have sorted it out and found things to to view. Cheap Jap crap.
Starting the camera how it ought to start is unreliable but I think I've found a way that works.

Forget the supplied software and also the download from the camera's website. The camera app that comes with Windows 10 works OK with it.

Open the Windows 10 camera app with the microscope camera plugged in. Unplug any other webcam if possible. When the app opens there is a message that it can't find the camera. Just wait a while for the camera to be detected by Windows and the app. The picture should appear. It does for me anyway and seems reliable every time.

If other webcams can't be physically unplugged (as with a laptop), disable it/them in Device Manager. Then open the app again. Because the microscope camera is the only one plugged in and enabled, it should show the picture after a short delay.

When done with the microscope camera, re-enable the normal webcam in Device Manager, or plug it back in if it is connected via a USB socket.

This is not how things should be of course but it is a workaround that seems to work. I have had the camera working intermittently on Linux but not reliably yet.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 01:45 PM

A size 12 needle and thread..

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 04:07 PM

It is amazing what you can do with this microscope. Shame mine has gone faulty. Messaged seller for a replacement.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-08-2020, 05:36 PM

I hope you get it sorted in the end Emjay.

Looking at a white area on the computer monitor screen very closely shows what the display consists of. The screen only looks white because it's being viewed from a distance.

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I hope you get it sorted in the end Emjay.

Looking at a white area on the computer monitor screen very closely shows what the display consists of. The screen only looks white because it's being viewed from a distance.

I managed to get a pic the same as that. I will play with it some more tomorrow. I will also as you suggest, try and find where the snap shot bit is.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

16-08-2020, 09:26 AM

Mart or anyone else.
As I said the ‘snap’ button no longer works. As mart said I could use the laptop some how to take the pic. How do I do that or what key could I press to obtain the pic,
Just had a thought... is there another program that would see the microscope, such as VLC?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

16-08-2020, 10:16 AM

I have found a program ‘amcap’ but it only records in video. Also I downloaded the file from the recommended program as from the so call instructions sheet. But it will not open and it was also surrounded by adverts. It was difficult to find the appropriate file to open it.
I shall just carry on searching, ( nothing else to do at the present time) Or until you guys come up with an answer for me.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

16-08-2020, 10:35 AM

Mart or anyone else.
As I said the ‘snap’ button no longer works. As mart said I could use the laptop some how to take the pic. How do I do that or what key could I press to obtain the pic,
Just had a thought... is there another program that would see the microscope, such as VLC?
I don't know about VLC because I don't have it installed but as regards other programs then yes, there is other software that works for me every time.

I have uninstalled all the software the camera came with because it isn't needed ..and it has difficulty finding and starting the camera anyway.

When all said and done, it is just a USB camera the same as any other, such as a webcam. Windows has built-in software for webcams/cameras and this also works with the microscope camera.

The only trouble is that Windows does have some difficulty detecting the micro camera and I think that's why the software that comes with the camera does too.

Windows will detect it though. It just takes a few seconds to do it. Also, Windows has trouble with it being plugged in as an additional camera, so if there is another camera plugged in or enabled, unplug or disable it.

If the micro camera is the only camera plugged in or enabled, Window's own camera app will operate it. No need to use the Snap button on the camera. Take the shot using the button in the camera app. No third-party software is needed.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

16-08-2020, 11:04 AM

I have no trouble finding the microscope camera. I tried the windows camera app and all it brings up it the webcam in the laptop. Tried both in a split screen but no effect.
After this headache has gone I will try other things.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

16-08-2020, 11:35 AM

I have no trouble finding the microscope camera. I tried the windows camera app and all it brings up it the webcam in the laptop. Tried both in a split screen but no effect.
After this headache has gone I will try other things.
Yes, you have to temporarily disable the laptop webcam in Device Manager. Turn it back on again when you have finished using the microscope camera.

Here is a screenshot of the Windows camera app displaying and taking a photo..

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top