Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Re: No Reuters, trade will not “collapse overnight” without an EU UK agreement

Originally Posted by Bread ->
So how do we operate now with trade ? With a pen and paper like your mate Swimmy says ?

I asked you that question about forms a few months ago and you couldn't answer it - thanks for reminding me.

- 400 million forms to fill in you said

Where do they go then let's try again
Of course they go where your post # 17 says they go! Better sharpen your pencils!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 06:03 PM

So how do we operate now with trade ? With a pen and paper like your mate Swimmy says ?

I asked you that question about forms a few months ago and you couldn't answer it - thanks for reminding me.

- 400 million forms to fill in you said

Where do they go then let's try again
Hi

The Industry Association

Up to 250,000 traders will need to make a customs declaration for the first time at the end of the transition period (source: HMRC)
The UK ranked number 6 in the World Bank Logistics Performance Index Aggregated rankings for the period 2012-2018 & was in Europe’s top 5.
The UK’s top five export destinations in 2017 were the US, Germany, France, Netherlands and Ireland (source: the World Bank).

Industry disagrees with you, as does the Government.
https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...s-13-july-2020
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Industry Association

Up to 250,000 traders will need to make a customs declaration for the first time at the end of the transition period (source: HMRC)
The UK ranked number 6 in the World Bank Logistics Performance Index Aggregated rankings for the period 2012-2018 & was in Europe’s top 5.
The UK’s top five export destinations in 2017 were the US, Germany, France, Netherlands and Ireland (source: the World Bank).

Industry disagrees with you, as does the Government.
https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...s-13-july-2020
These people never exported outside the EU before. Its really easy and I'm surprised you find this so difficult. Putting all these rules in place on day 1 would be damaging to businesses who are still registering to enable them to import/ export for the first time. What Gove is doing is phasing this in over 6 months so it is much more manageable. For me it makes no difference, I'll continue to trade with the USA, Switzerland, Prague and India as I do now.

I can send drug products to the USA overnight, customs cleared by 1pm the next day. You should try it

The reason the UK got such a low rating was likely due to the fiasco at Dover and Calais on a daily basis. Who came out tops?
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 08:16 PM

Another brilliant article from Catherine McBride.

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/uk...pse-overnight/
Thanks for posting. So much for the "no deal" cliff edge some remainers have been predicting.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
Thanks for posting. So much for the "no deal" cliff edge some remainers have been predicting.

Yeah exactly ....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
There is no cliff edge, a little bump or hickup, which will be weathered. No deal, but who cares? Lots a countries do without.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-08-2020, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
There is no cliff edge, a little bump or hickup, which will be weathered. No deal, but who cares? Lots a countries do without.
You were wrong about this as well

https://order-order.com/2020/08/12/o...han-euro-area/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-08-2020, 01:59 PM

You were wrong about this as well

https://order-order.com/2020/08/12/o...han-euro-area/
Remind me, what was it you presume I was wrong about?

Never settle for what others tell you. Check for the core information. Orderorder has not understood. You will: http://www.oecd.org/economic-outlook/june-2020/
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-08-2020, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Remind me, what was it you presume I was wrong about?

Never settle for what others tell you. Check for the core information. Orderorder has not understood. You will: http://www.oecd.org/economic-outlook/june-2020/
Your always wrong

Like now, your looking at the wrong month
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-08-2020, 02:35 PM

Your always wrong

Like now, your looking at the wrong month
Are you sure? Because it is this report guido takes his graph from.....

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top