Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Re: Wild and Windy Wednesday

Good afternoon all

The morning has been bright, the wind has dropped and the rain has kept off...... such a big improvement from yesterday.

I think you are right about the seasons coming earlier DM, we had our summer in April this year! Hopefully there is still a chance of some good weather to come this month.

Enjoy your day everyone!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Good morning to our growing collection of well wishers. Bright, sunny & hot here today and for at least 4 more after this one. Living in a place where it rains 8 months of the year it's strange to wish it would rain but I do. It's all or nothing here in Summer.

Here's a bright collection of flowers to brighten your day.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 02:21 PM

I'll settle for one of your bright and cheery flower pictures a day throughout winter Bob, they certainly bring some colour to the day!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good morning to our growing collection of well wishers. Bright, sunny & hot here today and for at least 4 more after this one. Living in a place where it rains 8 months of the year it's strange to wish it would rain but I do. It's all or nothing here in Summer.

Here's a bright collection of flowers to brighten your day.

Gorgeous, Thank you Bob.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 03:24 PM

Just what I needed, thank you Bob. Keep them coming!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 03:40 PM

Hi all! The East coast is still blanketed in rain from Lee; it's drizzling now at about 10:30 am with heavier rain later; we got almost 2" yesterday. A tad warmer, 19 C (66 F), but gloomy nonetheless.

Stay dry, hope no one had any real damage from yesterday's gales!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 09:52 PM

Definitely a wild and wet Wednesday here! Was hoping to get into garden to do some tidying, but no chance with this weather. Did notice that my holly bush was full of berries-an indication of an early and harsh winter????

Luckily I avoided getting wet when walking this morning and after dinner visited my Niece then rest of day was spent pottering......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Definitely a wild and wet Wednesday here! Was hoping to get into garden to do some tidying, but no chance with this weather. Did notice that my holly bush was full of berries-an indication of an early and harsh winter????

Luckily I avoided getting wet when walking this morning and after dinner visited my Niece then rest of day was spent pottering......
Hi Merz I have a variegated holly and I have never seen so many berries on it before .
Someone on the radio this morning said it would be a wet and windy autumn followed by a bitterly cold winter As it has proved impossible to give an accurate long range forecast I don't know how they know this unless maybe they have a holly bush too
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Merz I have a variegated holly and I have never seen so many berries on it before .
Someone on the radio this morning said it would be a wet and windy autumn followed by a bitterly cold winter As it has proved impossible to give an accurate long range forecast I don't know how they know this unless maybe they have a holly bush too
Hi Meg Couldn't believe how many berries were on mine-many more than last year and earlier if I remember rightly. Maybe they'll get it right if they are using holly bushes to predict long range -they don't seem to be able to get the weather right at the best of times, although the past few days they did forecast wet and windy days and it certainly happened here!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2011, 10:16 PM

I tend to have a bit of faith in those predictions from nature. After all, humans lived closely attuned to the signs of the natural world for millennia before modern civilization and it's attendant gadgets like satellite images, etc. Are you going to have a heavy acorn crop this year; that's one I really believe in; when the mast is heavy it's usually a bad Winter.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top