Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:29 PM

Messages Home

Now
Wonderful old films showing soldiers from Lancashire sending messages home . Incredibly clear and moving - the first time ordinary working class men from the north of England were seen on film.
Channel 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:46 PM

Re: Messages Home

Been watching it Muddy , there was something similar on the radio last years which almost unbearable to listen to.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2016, 07:43 PM

I watched it Muddy, it was very good, you see the youngsters don't know what's gone on before, they are only interested in today.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 08:24 AM

History to me is very important .
There young men who died can only be remembered in history as there is no living person who knew them now.
I was watching parts of the Somme memorial ceremony yesterday .
The old film of the funeral of the unknown soldier was so moving .
The person who thought of that was way ahead of his time -perhaps no battle had ever resulted in such mass loss before -giving people who had lost a loved one somewhere to mourn .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top