Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Re: I'm looking forward - tempting things to grow from T&M!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Angie had my T and M catalogue but dare not look at it because I only have two raised beds so not enough room to grow all I would wish to grow .

Rather than Kale if you haven't grown it already I much prefer Purple Sprouting Broccoli which can be picked from June to October. I have grown 'Summer Purple' as well as a winter variety. It need good protection from the cabbage whites though .
Thanks for the hint there Meg (see you've got a Schnauzer as your avatar - I have a Mini called Monty!). I was wondering about Kale as I've never been a brassica grower at all and wanted something for Winter picking. I quite like purple sprouting and it's expensive in the shops, so that could be a winner.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I`m certainly looking forward to the next season-seeds already bought and love in my heart.

Not so sure about T&M though-a bit pricey for an old git
That you Steph???? T&M seem to have quite a few 99p offers atm.

What seeds have you bought already?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Hi Angie

What seeds have I bought?-far too many to list(about £180).

My life has changed since I met Linda,who moved in last weekend,. It`s a big house with a big garden and we are going to make it beautiful again-I had `lost the plot` and it showed.

But love does amazing things-the winter is for the house but come the spring I feel my inspiration to garden again will return.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Hi Angie

What seeds have I bought?-far too many to list(about £180).

My life has changed since I met Linda,who moved in last weekend,. It`s a big house with a big garden and we are going to make it beautiful again-I had `lost the plot` and it showed.

But love does amazing things-the winter is for the house but come the spring I feel my inspiration to garden again will return.
I am happy for you both. Roll on the Spring.
angieh
Hampshire, UK

27-11-2011, 06:09 PM

Wonderful news Steph ..................

That's an awful lot of seeds!!!!! Unless you've got some very expensive ones in there too?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by angieh ->
Thanks for the hint there Meg (see you've got a Schnauzer as your avatar - I have a Mini called Monty!). I was wondering about Kale as I've never been a brassica grower at all and wanted something for Winter picking. I quite like purple sprouting and it's expensive in the shops, so that could be a winner.
Angie I remember speaking to someone on Catsey about Minis ages ago and think it may have been you

The PS broccoli was great but it is widely grown in Worcestershire so not really worth using valuable space for.

I have just planted winter planting garlic for the first time. It looks as though it is doing well and it takes up very little room (it came from Dobbies not T&M )it should be ready May onwards. It is not too late to plant it now .
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Couldn't resist this thread...hubby and I love gardening. We planted garlic for the first time, last month, and it is already about an inch and a half high. (not found the smileys yet but I am grinning)
Not got a veggie patch as such, but two borders at the bottom of the garden are taken over with tomatoes and runner beans etc., during the summer.
Roll on Spring
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:23 PM

Janela, click on Go Advanced at the bottom of the quick reply box and the smilies will appear on the right. As a quickie, for = just type colon and capital D.

I sold my house and moved to a retirement complex this Summer due to health; love it but miss my small City garden very much. We get the T & M Catalogue here too and I ordered happily from them for years.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Couldn't resist this thread...hubby and I love gardening. We planted garlic for the first time, last month, and it is already about an inch and a half high. (not found the smileys yet but I am grinning)
Not got a veggie patch as such, but two borders at the bottom of the garden are taken over with tomatoes and runner beans etc., during the summer.
Roll on Spring
Janela, when replying to a post, click on the REPLY button (not QUICK REPLY) and the smilies will appear straight away on the right of the posting box
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2011, 08:50 PM

Thanks dandysmom and Mags for the help with smileys..easy really wasn't it?
And I like the 'preview post' button.
I do hope you don't miss your garden too much dandysmom.
We use T & M quite a lot too but I have cut down a bit, 'cos I haven't room in the greenhouse to grow all that I'd like to.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top