Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2011, 09:31 PM

Re: Winning the Lottery

I'm fed up of scrimping so it would be nice not to have to think about money and how I'm going to pay for things.

I'd give some to my brother and his family and then I would most definitely find a new home somewhere relatively quiet. I'd have a new car as well.

It would depend on the amount of the win, but I always wanted to start a local business and put some money into the community by creating jobs, but unfortunately, I don't think I could handle something like that now at my age.

If the local hospital needed a new machine, I'd tell them to buy it and invoice me, but I definitely wouldn't give any money to an organisation with administrators.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 08:57 PM

No family so it would all be mine mine mine

Can't wait but I know it won't happen

Would give a big wedge to the Dogs Trust as well and sponsor a load of dogs rather than the one I do at present. Probably buy a house with grounds and start up my rescue home as well. Animals are my life and always will be.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 09:07 PM

Buy a new cooker. I had the right hand oven repaired this morning-turned it on for supper and the ruddy thing caught fire. I expected some smoke from a new element but it wasn`t that-the insulation material? at the back was in flames.

Stephan is not a happy bunny
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 10:13 PM

A new cooker definitely on Stephan's list then.

Well, it's me birthday tomorrow, so wouldn't it be nice if I won the triple rollover all on me own.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Buy a new cooker. I had the right hand oven repaired this morning-turned it on for supper and the ruddy thing caught fire. I expected some smoke from a new element but it wasn`t that-the insulation material? at the back was in flames.

The kind of win Mollie is talking about would let you dine out in style the rest of your life.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 10:59 PM

If I won the lottery, I'd first of all make sure my family were all ok, secondly I would make a large donation to the Dogs Trust, and thirdly, I would buy a bungalow with lots of land and build kennels for canine 'golden oldies', where they could spend the rest of their lives in luxury
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2011, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
The kind of win Mollie is talking about would let you dine out in style the rest of your life.
We have no idea what sort of cooker he has......
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

09-12-2011, 11:58 PM

I don't think a new one would cost several million though.

I'd love one of those range cookers, but I don't have the room in my kitchen for one but, if I won the lottery and moved house, I'd definitely have one.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2011, 08:30 PM

But you wouldnt be using it Mollie, you would have a house keeper and a driver to ferrry you about when you were here in England ,and in your house in the South of France you would have servants who waited on you hand and foot. Could i visit you the first week in May for a short break.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 01:36 PM

After the share out to my children, I'd buy a 2nd home near a warm beach that we all could use. My Charity is to look after dogs and horses so they too would get a healthy donation.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top