Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Re: Euro-zone

It`s all far too late now but I wanted this country to adopt the `euro`BUT not allow weaker economies in until they passed stringent tests.

Now we have a total mess.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 06:44 PM

I'm not so sure that becoming isolated from the EU and Europe is going to be a beneficial thing for us long term. We are Europeans not just the British nation.
I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the EU machine and think that the EU is riddled with petty beurocracies and has many problems to get to grips with - Things are very messy and equity between countries is not easy to achieve and may not be possible. However, whether we like it or not I believe to be successful our destinies must be entwined. I am a bit concerned at the thought that we are going to be isolated. I think we need to be joined together with the rest of Europe. We have a common ancestry and are Europeans. I also think that Cameron is far too interested in keeping his own party happy.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-12-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
We are Europeans not just the British nation.
Well I was born English and will stay English until I expire which when I look at what is happening around me, mercifully will not be too far away.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Well I was born English and will stay English until I expire which when I look at what is happening around me, mercifully will not be too far away.
I too was born English - but I am also a British citizen - and taking it a stage further also a European. My ancestry is not 100% pure English and I don't think many "English" could claim theirs is either - I'm a mix.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Wonder if Neil Kinnock and Glenda , also Tony Blair will be sacked by Europe, hope so.Never wanted to join with them in the first place, I am Anglo Irish, not british or European.This makes it a bit difficult but have to say I am more Irish than English, its in your blood and oh boy do I have some Rows with Joe who is Irish.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2011, 07:51 PM

Well we look like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.
Maybe we should run for cover before we get choked to death will all the red tape.
How many times have we heard how we can't do certain things because of Brussels and red tape.
Cameron is trying to protect our interests by not giving over the control to Brussels that it wants involving the London financial market.
What I don't like is what is becoming more and more apparent and that is the two partners in crime Merkel and Sarkozy who are taking centre stage and controlling the whole shooting match.
The lesser countries are going like lambs to the slaughter.
Bailed out countries won't have control of there own governments with the new drawn up treaties as these are the conditions of the bail outs and how many more are lining up!
The planning of a two tiered Europe and plans for us to go in the second tier.
Where would that put us then!
In the waiting room waiting to see how much more red tape the big guns Germany and France are going to bind our wrists with.
That little puppet Sarkozy sugaring up to Merkel had better watch his back as she could see him off when he has outlived his usefulness.
It's making me feel very uncomfortable.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

11-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Time to create the Republic of East Lancashire and pull up the drawbridge.
We are already self sufficient in most things.

The first priority will be to keep the Yorkies out and to this end the Trawden Road border post will be manned round the clock. There will also be secret checkpoints in several other key positions to prevent any cross border incursions.

In the other direction, the Ramsbottom contingent of The Black Pudding Brigade report only sporadic attempts to scale Holcombe Hill and the Peel Tower. These have been dealt with no casualties and the minimum use of the Tripe Torpedo Grenades.
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I'm not so sure that becoming isolated from the EU and Europe is going to be a beneficial thing for us long term. We are Europeans not just the British nation.
I don't pretend to understand the complexities of the EU machine and think that the EU is riddled with petty beurocracies and has many problems to get to grips with - Things are very messy and equity between countries is not easy to achieve and may not be possible. However, whether we like it or not I believe to be successful our destinies must be entwined. I am a bit concerned at the thought that we are going to be isolated. I think we need to be joined together with the rest of Europe. We have a common ancestry and are Europeans. I also think that Cameron is far too interested in keeping his own party happy.
I am sorry but I will disagree until I am blue in the face over this issue.....I have never considered this Isle a part of Europe, I was taught in history class at school that Europe was a continent which holds many countries interlocking on a mass of land, whereas, we were a separate small Island containing 3 countries and a further country added from the Emerald isle. I am proud of my history as it holds many turns in the shaping of the world, there will always be good and bad times but they are still our historical events that made us who we are today. I don't believe we will be isolated, I do believe we are a people who always open new doors after closing old ones.

I too have been listening to Nigel Farage of late, as I feel the 3 main parties have nothing to say to the people of this country I feel he may just be the voice we have been waiting for, I would welcome him as a leader as I would welcome England out of the EU rabble altogether.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Time to create the Republic of East Lancashire and pull up the drawbridge.
We are already self sufficient in most things.

The first priority will be to keep the Yorkies out and to this end the Trawden Road border post will be manned round the clock. There will also be secret checkpoints in several other key positions to prevent any cross border incursions.

In the other direction, the Ramsbottom contingent of The Black Pudding Brigade report only sporadic attempts to scale Holcombe Hill and the Peel Tower. These have been dealt with no casualties and the minimum use of the Tripe Torpedo Grenades.
Bring back "Dads Army"
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2011, 08:47 PM

What worries me is how powerful France and Germany are becoming.
We've been isolated by them before and never came to harm.

Britain should stand back for a few years, let them fight over Europe, we'll still be standing and trading with them. They'll do themselves more harm by trying to give Britain the cold shoulder.
I'm an English woman, certainly not a European.
And please.......can we have feet and inches and pounds and ounces back.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top