Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 07:41 PM

What can be done with this bit of land?

Ignore the heap of chopped Laylandii (tho to give you an idea of size, the heap is quite a bit taller than a 6ft person )

It is at the back of our garden - it was originally a vegetable patch, but the previous owner let one of the neighbours dump all the bricks/wood etc from their house while they were gutting it, and then when we moved here we thought we might as well even it out and did the same (Saved the cost of about 7 skips!).

Anyway... what are the options? I'd love to have it lawned, but not sure that will be possible now. Maybe hire one of those mini JCBs and just shift all the bricks etc to the far edge (where there's a river) maybe to create a thicker embankment (help against flooding?).

Not sure what can be done with it tbh - any suggestions? (The cheaper the better!)
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 07:51 PM

Re: What can be done with this bit of land?

Clear it-if,if you can/dare have a bonfire then that`s the woody stuff dealt with. Bricks either go to a low wall or a skip depending on their quality/your skills.

Only then can you decide.

Use the river approach as a prominent feature in your plans?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:10 PM

How about a good small shed/workshop?, I don't think you need planning permission, over here you don't.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:17 PM

Great minds think alike Stephan..I was thinking along those lines. A walled approach to the river and/or rockery. Or a brick path looks good and better if it's higgledy piggledy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:21 PM

How about making it into a paved/slabs area ...... get some nice plant pots to place around the area; put a chair or two there and use it as an area to relax in during the summer ....... good place to read your Kindle with the sound of the river trickling by.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:25 PM

Thanks guys

I think the problem is the land - see all that flat land? That is actually two houses worth of bricks/rubble/plaster buried there (I think we burnt most of the wood now come to think of it). I'd say it's about 2ft in total (So you step up to that land from the garden).

Hopefully that explains my predicament better
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Go into organic worm farming and make some easy money
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:27 PM

A call and collect hard core area,it wont cost you anything and will get rid of all the hard stuff.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:36 PM

If you could clear part of the ground Azz, how about making some raised beds and grow your own veg or herbs?
http://www.vegetable-garden-guide.co...rden-beds.html
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2012, 09:48 PM

Thats a brilliant idea Mags,and you will have the river for watering.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top