Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 03:57 PM

Re: How can we make this place 'more' exciting?

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
No I haven't
Well somebody has, and it's usually the cat.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:04 PM

Cheshire Cat, of course.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I think it takes a lot of courage to make your first post.
Well, it did me when I first registered with another one a few years back.
Absolutely agree whole-heartedly Joy.

In case others don't know, Joy and I first met on a genealogical website, some years ago

I was soooooooooo scared to say anything ... longed to join in but didn't dare for weeks. Also, I could only type slowly with one finger.
Think I probably started posting on a games thread and then one day 'went for it' Lol

Doubt that I made any sense at all but over the years I have learned to a certain extent, to be concise .... and to type with 2 fingers

So I can understand why some people don't post but if they join and then are inactive, what's the point in keeping them ? unless it's to make the site appear larger.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:31 PM

Well I wanted the Screen name Audrey..... not AudreyII BUT Audrey was taken.. and she hasn't ever posted, joined May 2010 and Zero posts.. I think it's a pretty safe bet she isn't interested.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I think it is going along very nicely Rachel, we lose a few and gain a few, that is forums I'm afraid.
Just keep posting laughing and enjoy it.
I agree with you Wrinkly, I'm very happy with this forum as it is. There are a wide variety of topics to discuss, and we can always start a new thread if we feel the need to talk about something else. I have never joined a forum before so I have been pleasantly surprised what fun it is.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Actually there aren't.. at least not very active ones. There is <spam> but it's some kind of crazy format that is impossible to use. The other Is AARP... bunch of old folks.. lol!
I am on a forum in America, and a great crowd there is on there!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Well I wanted the Screen name Audrey..... not AudreyII BUT Audrey was taken.. and she hasn't ever posted, joined May 2010 and Zero posts.. I think it's a pretty safe bet she isn't interested.
You'll always be 'Audrey' to us - not 11 - no way Pedro
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Than the rest of the over50s sites out there? What lets them down? What are they missing? What can we do to make this even more special?
Suppose we have a weekly prize draw. We all put £1000 in a kitty each week and I can draw out a name each week to win the lot. Because I'll be doing all the work I'm in the draw for free.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Suppose we have a weekly prize draw. We all put £1000 in a kitty each week and I can draw out a name each week to win the lot. Because I'll be doing all the work I'm in the draw for free.

erm ..... so .... will there be any other names in the draw ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
erm ..... so .... will there be any other names in the draw ?
No Rachel, he just told you, he's the one doing all the work so he has the rewards. How many tickets shall we have?

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top