Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:54 AM

Sleep

I'm interested to find out how other people Sleep . By this I mean are you like me where more frequently as you get older there is a tendency not to be able to sleep as long. Take this morning it's only 5:50 am and I woke up about 5 am and just couldn't get back to sleep. I haven't got to go to work as on rest days which makes it even more. annoying. It just seems, once I'm awake at whatever silly o'clock time it is I stay awake .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:23 AM

Re: Sleep

Nothing wrong with silly o'clock Steve, I think it's the best time of the day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:30 AM

I hate being awake in the middle of the night. I have in the past maybe got up to have a milky drink, or to read a bit, watch a bit of telly, but really my brain, eyes and body are still crying out for more sleep, even though I can't get it.

Or I stay in bed and toss and turn for the duration. I've only got up at 6 this morning, having been awake since 5 but did get about 7 hours sleep, because I have a GP appointment at 7.30.

Which reminds me...must get on!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 06:54 AM

I normally sleep very soundly for about 6 1/2 hours but I always have an 1/2 hour's nap after lunch. Having said that I do tend to fall asleep in the evening while watching the box.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:25 AM

Sleep- what's that again?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:42 AM

I was so tired yesterday that I nodded off to sleep in front of the telly last night. I was asleep for about an hour but it was enough to spoil my entire nights sleep. I went to bed usual time about 00.30 & listened to radio & talking books through headphones till gone 3.00am. Woke again at 6.30am - tried to get back to sleep but impossible, so listened to radio for a bit and then got up.

In total I had about four hours sleep last night including the hours nod.

I've got to prevent myself from nodding off in the evening somehow...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 08:30 AM

But it's so hard when your eyes just won't keep open. I find telly does make you sleepy, because as soon as I switch off (having almost nodded off) I am then more awake.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 08:33 AM

I'm not one for napping in the evenings. I'd rather just go to bed early. I watch something on my Hudl in bed. I often waken during the night, but my Hudl goes on again until I drop off . I don't tend to just lie awake worrying about things like I used to. Then when the alarm goes off I could toss it out of the window!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:15 AM

I have the same problem, I wake to go to the loo and can't get back to sleep because my brain starts working and I can't turn it off.

I usually go and make a cup of tea then take it to bed where it is warm and cosy and listen to world service on the radio.

I have been known to do the ironing or make bread in the middle of the night
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 09:30 AM

I have nights when I can't get to sleep until 4.00 or 5.00 in the morning, it doesn't help either with my Tinnitus 'buzzing' continuously. On a good night I suppose I would get about 5 hours sleep but that is rare and if I wake in the night I'm unable to get back to sleep again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top